Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I figured everyone would like to know how these actually looked since the is next to nothing online for them. These are the Auto Ventshade Ventvisors and the GTS Solar Wing as well as the GTS head lamp covers. I paint matched everything minus the head lamp covers for obvious reasons. Let me know what you think!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

Reactions: hemirt4me

·
Registered
244 Posts
thanks, I've been curious about the ventshades, had them on previous cars and liked them for keeping rain out. I'm guessing you have to be pretty exact where they get placed in order to not hit the window when opening the door.

I like the solar wing a lot more then I thought I would. Painting it to match was a great idea.

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem and thanks Karpsta.
Mr.cheez yes I can and it will take two people to put the vent visors on to get them perfect. Mine are set to a really tight tolerance but I have ZERO issues.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very Nice my friend.... I was thing about doing the GTS Solar Wing.... Still not sure as of yet, but your ride is very nice....
Hey thanks a lot! I have a few more things to do before the 1st week of next month and then I'll be saving for that new supercharger.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Seeing as how you asked. I'll respectfully say I don't care for them at all. Nice job on the paint match.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just an FYI on the solar wing...I live down here in TX, and had one those GTS solar wings on my Ford Probe GT back in '96. Came out from spending a couple in the mall one day, the damn thing was literally drooping in the middle so much that it was touching my rear window, because it got too hot in the sun and melted! Like WTF...took it off right in the parking lot, left it there lying on the ground and drove off. When I saw these available for the Challengers now, that's the first thing that came to mind. They look good but watch out for extreme heat.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No issues this summer with the plastic melting. They must of upped their quality.

·
Registered
519 Posts
would be interested to see if your highway mpgs went up or down due ot change in airflow.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would be interested to see if your highway mpgs went up or down due ot change in airflow.
Stayed the same honestly, then I added a supercharger so now I'm down to 22 MPG combined was getting around 24-26.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I like them. You did a really good job on them. Excellent job on the paint job by the way! I think if it would have been a generic black, etc it wouldn't have worked.

Reactions: RocknRolla
1 - 14 of 14 Posts