Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some ******bag slammed a door into the side of my car at work today.

De-trim door, metal finish, blend fender (requires removal of facia), refinish mirror.

Take a stab at the bill.....:fight:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mondo-huge door ding, delivered by a pickup truck.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
438 Posts
Looks to me like some weight challenged person opened the door and then the car door was moving around as they were getting in or out. $1500

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
My wife had this happen to her Jeep. The wind blew the truck's door out of the driver's hand and into her door. If dented it at the beam. The guy that fixed it said it had to hit with quite a bit of force to do that. We got lucky. The paint was fine, so it was like new for a $100 paintless repair.
I'm guessing that you're looking at a grand.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks to me like some weight challenged person opened the door and then the car door was moving around as they were getting in or out. $1500

Move that guess up a bit.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife had this happen to her Jeep. The wind blew the truck's door out of the driver's hand and into her door. If dented it at the beam. The guy that fixed it said it had to hit with quite a bit of force to do that. We got lucky. The paint was fine, so it was like new for a $100 paintless repair.
I'm guessing that you're looking at a grand.

Low-ball....

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahaha Good one! Sooo true!

Sorry bout the door damage on the car daaang! I'll bid $1200 Bob. haha

If the responsible party had come to me and said "Dude, I wanked yer car". I would be OK with that.

No-one has come forth.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well with all that work...anywhere from $675 to $1600
I would not let anyone remove the Fascia. Even blending the fenders seems excessive. Good luck, that is a damn shame.
Actually the front facia comes off pretty easy. The body shop (does Porche's and Benz's) is thinking that a blend into the fender will be necessary (due to the "peppering" of the factory finish by ~28,000 miles worth of stones, in order to satisfy my picky ass.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TorRed. It's not as easy as one would think to "make it right". That door is flat, but it's not. with a pronounced center crease. If it aint perfect it will be aparent from a mile away. Goofy bastards like me will be extremly difficult to please.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have yet to idenify the Perp. I have reason to expect an employee.
I would start by looking for somebody that has a beef with you. Looks intentional to me.
I had similar damage done to my passenger door a couple of months ago. Sorry to say, but it was a freakin' nightmare. After several return trips back to the body shop to get it right, I have finally given up and have settled for not the best workmanship. Mainly because of other incidental dings, scratches, chips and overspray all over my car. Also, a nice slow leak appeared in my brand new rs-a (right at the sidewall ). :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil: I guess they were tired of me picking their work apart.
Nobody would be able to point out the repair. But I see it everytime I'm on that side of my car. They did spray the whole side of my car to make it look right.
Good luck. I hope your experience is better than mine.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would start by looking for somebody that has a beef with you. Looks intentional to me.

High winds today. I tend to think a door was grabbed by wind.

On the other hand, my wife says I am extremely intimidating when I'm pissed-off (all 5 feet nine of me), ...so maybe. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
Could you have a PDR guy at least look at it and give you his honest opinion? Seems a cryin' shame to have to redo the entire door and part of the fender. Can't tell completely from the pic - is the paint damaged, or is that just the perp's paint that got left behind? I had one of my other cars smacked by a door once, and the paint leftover from the other jerk's door buffed out with some elbow grease and Meguiar's Paint Cleaner. The rest of the damage came out courtesy of my local PDR guy - no respray, and a heckuva lot cheaper - looked good as new.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts