Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally done went and did it!

I can't believe it, but I just traded in the '09 SRT8 and picked up an '11.

I went in to look at the two IE's the dealership had (Blue and White 6spds), but ended up falling for a Billet. (I just couldn't get pass the worrying I'd be doing over the IE's white seats.)

My Billet:
6 speed
Sunroof
SRT Option Group II
MC 430N
F1s
IE Black-out wheels

and best of all ----- Stripe Delete and $100 under Invoice: Nice!!!

It was late when I got back from closing the deal, so maybe later I can post pics.

Anyway, if you're on the fence about trading-up--- don't go to test drive any 392. "You'll be sorry!"

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
Please post some photos when you have a chance! I'm thinking of ordering a 392 in Billet.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Awesome! Congrats! Hopefully your 09 finds a good home ;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Congrats! :)

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I love hearing stories like this. Helps Chrysler build further on such a great car when people buy the same car again.

Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
1,987 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Man, I"m jealous. Why are all the local dealers greedy ba$tard$?
I don't think any will even mention invoice without laughing you off their lot...

As far as the ride--Billet Metallic sure looks sweet. That's definitely what I want.
I definitely think the sunroof looks better with stripe delete--your ride looks great!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
That car looks awsome, enjoy it man......

·
Registered
629 Posts
Congrats. That is really nice looking. The Dodge site just shows 2 choices for SRT wheels, was that something the dealer swappped out for you? Or were there different options than whats on the site now?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
WOW, the stripe delete is the way to go! I love it, I cant wait for mine GWE stripe delete. Have fun and send us some more teasers of you tearing it up. AK907

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats. That is really nice looking. The Dodge site just shows 2 choices for SRT wheels, was that something the dealer swappped out for you? Or were there different options than whats on the site now?
The WPA wheels (the one on my car) is the optional wheel shown for $250. It's the IE wheels.

Totally, there are 3 SRT wheels available for '11 SRT8s. The third wheel seems only to be available for GWE cars. It's weird that they made the IE wheels optional on non-IE cars, yet the GWE wheels are not. Go figure...

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Well guys, here you go.

P.S. I'm originally from "Near Charlotte", too.
Thanks for posting the photos. That car is absolutely beautiful! Perfect choice on the stripe delete and the wheels. I know you're loving it. Congratulations!

Have you driven it enough to know if there's a "nibble" when shifting to 2nd gear? It's a common problem on earlier 6-speeds, mostly when cold. There was some talk of Dodge (Tremec) using different synchros in 2011 to solve it. Never confirmed.

P.s. I'm originally from Asheville. Greenville SC for 5 years. Highland NY (80 miles north of NYC) for 5 years and then back to NC. Here since '88 - I'm very old. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
The WPA wheels (the one on my car) is the optional wheel shown for $250. It's the IE wheels.

Totally, there are 3 SRT wheels available for '11 SRT8s. The third wheel seems only to be available for GWE cars. It's weird that they made the IE wheels optional on non-IE cars, yet the GWE wheels are not. Go figure...
Thanks, that clears things up. The site and the PDF brochure seem to be slightly out of sync with the naming of wheels, that is what through me off. I saw the IE wheels that you have and just assumed they were only available on the IE cars. I actually like both sets that are available.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
That car looks great! Good stuff. Two questions, 1) what did they give you on the trade? $100 below invoice means nothing to me without the trade #'s. And 2) I didn't know you could order "stripe delete" on the 392's. Isn't that what the big deal is all about with the limited run on Bob Fredrick's Kowalski specials? Maybe they just took them off at the dealer?
Thanks, I like the Billet very much!

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Suggestion? Splash guards. (RPI or Mopar - whichever you like.)

Wish I had added mine sooner. Or, maybe you don't plan to drive it that much. At 13k miles, mine was showing some "rash," especially on the passenger side - front and back. It could happen any time though if your forced into some gravel or debris.

One of the guys here put his on with screws and clips so he can remove them easily. I used the plastic rivets and have no plans to remove them.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That car looks great! Good stuff. Two questions, 1) what did they give you on the trade? $100 below invoice means nothing to me without the trade #'s.
No problemo; nothing to hide here...

For trade in, KBB showed $34,650 for the mileage and options my car had. The dealership at first offered $34,000 for my car because of 3 small dents on the body line of my passenger side front fender (dang parking lot idiots). I countered that I'd had the dents appraised by a PDR guy and he said that he could remove the dents for about $300 bucks. "So," I said, "tell you what. If you let me keep the vanguard wheel locks on my trade in (meaning my trade in would only have four lugs per wheel) and gave me $34,300 for the car, we'd have a deal." The manager looked at the saleman and said, "you owe me four lug nuts." We shook hands and everyone seemed pleased.

By the way, in Feb 2009, I had purchased my Challenger at EPP (just under $40K) and 0% interest. So, in two years the car lost about $5700 in value. Nice!!!

And 2) I didn't know you could order "stripe delete" on the 392's. Isn't that what the big deal is all about with the limited run on Bob Fredrick's Kowalski specials? Maybe they just took them off at the dealer?
I don't know about the Kowalski specials, but my car is a factory "stripe delete" [code MM8] car (Just like my trade in). Anyone can order a car this way (except IE cars) and save themselves $250---which is exactly the price of the optional IE wheels. So, basically, I traded my stripes for the upgraded wheels. I think I made a wise decision.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts