I've put on:
K&N CAI
Borla S Type catback
AFE 3" high flow catted midpipe
Diablo intune i3 platinum 93 octane tune
Oil catch can

( being installed this week)
JBA stainless, titanium/ ceramic coated shorty headers, and engine mounts

It ripps pretty good now, after the headers, I'm hoping for added sound and hp increase. So, with all of these factors working in unison, what's the guess...?
It's hard to find someone with the same setup.

Original post, car being discussed

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
856 Posts
340-350whp

Reactions: JD67 and VQ4NFO

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,680 Posts
Maybe 400 hp at the crank...

Reactions: JD67

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
350 ish to the Wheels so like 390 ish to the fly wheel. Not a lot of mods there that would do anything besides the tune which net about 20hp (Gross) going to a 91 Octane Tune (Scat Pack 1 Set up).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw this on a different post, the question was, how much hp to the wheels for a stock 6.1L.
//I think if you dig in the early posts (they may be real hard to find) the 6.1s were dynoing between 360 and 370 RWHP stock.\\
So I do think all bolt ons do work together to increase hp, the tuner,
So when it's all said and done, I think this all bumps up to the neighborhood of a 6.1L, more solidly with long tube headers, I do think the 3" high flo midpipe adds hp, someday I'll do a dyno, custom tune... All n all its about more than exact numbers on the perfect drag, I love the car, and perhaps a different cam when a year or 2 goes by..

Thanks for the guesses..
John

·
Registered
257 Posts
unfortunately, the midpipe is probably 5 hp and the headers wont be much help either being shorties. The tune is the only real HP gain you're gonna have. I'd say you're only up 25hp at the wheels from stock with everything done listed above. Longtubes would have yielded you more power.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
648 Posts
357 hp.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I’d also say around 350 wheel. That’s unless you get it dyno’d on the “heartbreaker” Mustang dyno. Then I’d say closer to 340 :)

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,502 Posts
The aftermarket CAI working in concert with the (unmodified) 93 octane canned tune likely yields an extra 2-4 degrees of ST KR in the 4-7K RPM range. That will reduce the total peak HP added by the mods in the list.

Start datalogging some WOT runs and see if you are getting any KR (I would be absolutely stunned if you weren’t) and how much. If more than 1-2 degrees ST KR observed, you could try to modify the canned tune yourself (or pay for an email tune) to address the KR and reclaim that lost HP/TQ by reducing it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The aftermarket CAI working in concert with the (unmodified) 93 octane canned tune likely yields an extra 2-4 degrees of ST KR in the 4-7K RPM range. That will reduce the total peak HP added by the mods in the list.

Start datalogging some WOT runs and see if you are getting any KR (I would be absolutely stunned if you weren’t) and how much. If more than 1-2 degrees ST KR observed, you could try to modify the canned tune yourself (or pay for an email tune) to address the KR and reclaim that lost HP/TQ by reducing it.
I've done data logging, no short term or long-term KR, just once, saw a ST kr on a shift point. Put shorty headers on yesterday, notice more solid crank power, more solid throttle response, had to let off from stop, just sit and squeal burn out, wide open, somewhere around 60mph shift, it barked/chirp and put me back in the seat ...
I personally think everything working together, I've got a solid on hp increase. I'm pleased, at some point I'll get a dyno, but most of me at this point, I feel like it's where it should be. My only concern is the lean/ rich factor, and for that reason, more than any, I'll get it evaluated for that.. At some point in the next couple weeks, I'll send data in for an email opinion and tune adjustment. The JBA gaskets may be re designed, all the talk of them being crap, they sure looked good, time will tell, mechanic said they look primo..

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,502 Posts
I've done data logging, no short term or long-term KR, put shorty headers on yesterday, notice more solid crank power, more solid throttle response, had to let off from stop, just sit and squeal burn out, wide open, somewhere around 60mph shift, it barked/chirp and put me back in the seat ...
I personally think everything working together, I've got a solid on hp increase. I'm pleased, at some point I'll get a dunno, but most of me at this point, I feel like it's where it should be. My only concern is the lean/ rich factor, and for that reason, more than any, I'll get it evaluated for that..
Well you know what they say, “if you don’t see no knock retard, you ain’t pushing it very hard!

Add some more spark to that puppy!

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,052 Posts
I agree with everyone else with the 345-355 rwhp range, but between the tune, mid pipes, shorty headers and the exhaust, she's going to sound Really good!

·
Vendor
12,491 Posts
20/25 hps gains maybe

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Yeah, I'm guessing that I picked up 10-15 hp with a hemifever tune and an AEM drop-in high flow air filter. Plus whatever hp I gained from the AEM decal I put under the hood. :) I just claim it's factory hp of 375 since I'm sure I didn't lose any.

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
Yeah, I'm guessing that I picked up 10-15 hp with a hemifever tune and an AEM drop-in high flow air filter. Plus whatever hp I gained from the AEM decal I put under the hood. :) I just claim it's factory hp of 375 since I'm sure I didn't lose any.
that factory rating is at the crank with all the accessories (Net)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts