Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I deleted my resonators, tomorrow I'm adding Flowmaster to my 16 RT Plus. I am looking for old muscle car rumble during idle as well. I'm torn between the 44's and 10's. I don't want to be obnoxiously loud but want to have a rumble and growl. I have the A8 Auto, I know the 10'a are the loudest but I also don't want my wife and kids to not want to ride in my car. Would the 44's be enough or should I go with the 10's.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had started out on my last car with SLP Loudmouth 1's and no resonators and it was unreal loud. So I switched to the 40 series original flowmasters and it sounded great. Probably the same route I'm going with the ScatPack.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,912 Posts

I believe the Super 10's are considered extremely aggressive

A Guy

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the super 10's, and I'm running the Comp 274 cam through catless 1 7/8 longtubes straight to the super 10's. For the average enthusiast, this is very loud. To me, it's quiet, but sounds better than having no muffler at all as they cut down the raspy flappy sound when accelerating past 2k rpms. I prefer my 3" cutouts wide open though, nothing beats that sound. It's loud, shakes windows, sets off car alarms, gets thumbs up and smiles wherever I go. Only downside is the low end power loss which is major, like a good 50ft/lbs difference. The sound makes it worth the loss though, just can't race anyone with them wide open unfortunately. If you're still running cats and whatever else, the super 10's will be just fine. Don't get the super 44's or 40's unless you're running catless longtubes and no resonators, they'll be too quiet, you'll be disappointed. Super 10 ftw if you're set on Flowmaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I have the Super 44's on my 2016 SXT PLUS with the 3.6 and they are loud but not extremely loud, I like em!!
There is some drone but not bad to my ears and surprisingly the Wife likes it!! ( I knew I kept her for some reason) :grin2:

I took off some cans from a company here in So Cal called "DIFFERENT TRENDS" because the mufflers were't loud enough for me, louder than stock but not enough for me.

Also have the resonators at the bumper deleted, if you don't, it'll be too quiet.

All this talk is really meaningless though as to what everyone likes is different as far as sound. What's loud to one set of ears isn't loud enough for another, what's too much drone to one set of ears isn't bad at all to another.

You need to find a car that you can hear LIVE and drive it so you can tell if you really like it........or you'll spend hundreds changing muffler set ups. The YOUTUBE vids help but not real world sound.

If you lived in So Cal I'd be happy to let you ride with me and see what you thought.

If I were you I'd try just removing the mid pipe mufflers and leave the resonators on and see if you like that sound. Should only cost you about $100.00 or less to have them removed (just straight pipe in their place)
If you don't like the sound, just put on some aftermarket mufflers in their place. Don't judge the sound until you have a few hundred miles on the set up though, the sound does change a bit after some miles.

Just had an idea, we could use a thread here where drivers would be willing to meet other Challenger owners and let them drive with them to hear their set ups. This would save all of us some dough and time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts