Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the dealers are asking 4995.00 for this on challengers, I ordered one and they talked me into it for 1500.00 . They also told me it was good for seven years. They said nothing of a yearly premium. So I heard there might be so that might be a problem if there is. Is this system worth it? I was also told it could decrease my insurance and I have talked to three companies and none of them offer a discount for it either. I am wondering if I just got snagged for $1500.00. Can I get some opinions before I decide whether to go back and ask for it to be taken off and my money back.

thank you

Robert

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,564 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Robert. Yeah, I'd get my money back. if you want vehicle tracking, get LoJack. It's mature, Police can track it directly, and it starts around $700-$900

The one-time cost for a LoJack® Stolen Vehicle Recovery System has an MSRP of $695. A LoJack® System with Early Warning, which notifies you if your car is moved without your Key Pass present, has an MSRP of $995.
How is the LoJack® Product different from other systems?

LoJack® offers the only Stolen Vehicle Recovery System directly integrated with federal, state and local law enforcement. It is based on wireless Radio Frequency technology. From ground or air, law enforcement can track the silent signal from your LoJack® Unit whether it is in a garage, an underground parking facility, or in a warehouse. This differs from most GPS-based tracking systems, which require direct line-of-sight to their satellites.
In my mind, this is a no brainer. RUN AWAY!

A Guy

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Notify them immediately you want to cancel and request a full refund. Most of not all of the back office up sales items they offer are waaaaaaaay overpriced, and straight money makers for the stealerships. Trust me here, I worked in sales at a local Chrysler dealer where we bought most of our Jeeps over the years.

There are better systems out there and really, to be honest, do you want that car back after someone has stolen and beat the shit out of it, wrecked it or stripped it down? No you don't! That's why we get theft insurance, so we can replace it with a new car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Notify them immediately you want to cancel and request a full refund. Most of not all of the back office up sales items they offer are waaaaaaaay overpriced, and straight money makers for the stealerships. Trust me here, I worked in sales at a local Chrysler dealer where we bought most of our Jeeps over the years.

There are better systems out there and really, to be honest, do you want that car back after someone has stolen and beat the shit out of it, wrecked it or stripped it down? No you don't! That's why we get theft insurance, so we can replace it with a new car!
Yes I did, and they did cancel, they came and took it off the car today, and I should be getting a refund check back any day now , your last sentence is exactly why I told the dealer it was not for me, thats why I am paying for insurance and I would not want the car back for those reasons, but the dealership is in the process of refunding me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome!!! There's a lot or research I to what they sell, how they sell it and when they sell it to you. You know, when you're itching to get into your sweet new ride and roar away... I'm glad you got that straightened out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes I have found that out, you feel pressured and rushed and you dont stop and think until afterwards, I also was offered an extended warranty that really is not worth it to me, and I have already canceled that, you have sixty days to make that decision and that was made the next day. Once I got the email from dodge where I could read what is covered and what is not and think about it nope. I am now also canceling the maintenance warranty also, I thought it would be worth it but after reading the fine print in the dodge email with the actual facts, this also is not worth it for my mileage. It also has a sixty day cancel period and I have started that also, so anyway at least I was able to not pay for three things I did not want. It all worked out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a place online where you can build and purchase a Mopar warranty and or service plan honored at all dealerships in the is and Canada. I'll find the link. Their prices are insanely low...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,564 Posts
Contact Luke @stevewhite if you want a no BS quote on a Mopar warranty as well

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes I have already found some that are much better than the one I am canceling, thats why you dont rush I will get a 100 offers in the next six months

1 - 9 of 9 Posts