Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI this event is near the mall of America and hotel are filling fast!
27th Annual Midwest Mopars in the Park National Car Show & Swap Meet[/SIZE]

June 4-5, 2011 - Dakota County Fairgrounds, Farmington, MN

http://www.midwestmopars.com/mip/MIPhome.html
Guinness Book World Record Attempt

A Guinness World Record attempt will be made by assembling the largest parade of LC platform

Dodge Challengers during the 27th Annual Midwest Mopars in the Park National Car Show & Swap

Meet on Saturday, June 4, 2011.
The attempt will include all 2008 to date Dodge Challengers and MOPAR will lead the parade in a
special Challenger with a “special guest” as the pilot. If you own one of these beautiful cars, you
need to be a part of this Guinness World Record attempt! Record attempt participants will receive a
special “goody bag” for joining us in this world record attempt!
Register below: If you register prior to May 13, 2011 the registration fee is $20 per entry. After May

13th and including day of show, the registration fee is $30.
27th ANNUAL MIDWEST MOPARS IN THE PARK

Date: Saturday, June 4th – Sunday, June 5th

Location: Dakota County Fairgrounds 4008 220th Street, Farmington, MN

Event Details:
Jump-start your summer family-fun events and plan to attend the largest ALL MOPAR car show in the upper Midwest. The 27th Annual Midwest Mopars in the Park National Car Show & Swap Meet will be held on Saturday, June4th and 5th, 2010. This year’s show is being held at the Dakota County Fairgrounds in Farmington, Minnesota. This great location offers a large show field, a large swap area and a huge FREE spectator parking area with free trolley rides to all areas of the fairgrounds.

The two-day car show and swap meet will feature something for every member of the family including children’s activities, music, non-stop entertainment, and a full line-up of vendors and special events. Notably Terri Traen from KQRS radio, Mr. Norm and his famous Dodge Darts, and a host of private collector cars will be on hand.

Don’t miss your chance to see hundreds of pristine Mopar show cars of every year make and model that are expected for this two-day car show vying for 33 class awards.

Special Guests:
Arlen Vanke
Judy Lilly
Diane Sox
Don Grotheer
Herb McCandless
Don “The Snake” Prudhomme

The race barn will be full of notable old race cars including the Snake’s 1978 Army Arrow.

Reunion car this year is John Hagan’s Arrow with his family and his apprentice.

Guinness World Record Attempt of assembling the largest parade of 2008-2011 Dodge Challengers. Working with Mopar to get the head designer here as grand marshal along with the new 392 Challenger as the pace car.

1971 Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth Showroom - Working to get every model, in box stock form, like a showroom from back in the day.

Burn-Out Contest

Chassis Dyno Shoot-Out

600,000 mile One-Owner Coronet Display

Show Location:
The Dakota County Fairgrounds is located in Farmington, MN. Please watch for signage to the fairgrounds as you enter the City of Farmington.

Driving Directions:
From the West – I35:
Take I35 to CR 70. Take CR 70 4 miles East to Cedar Ave. Turn left (North) approx ¼ mile to Hwy 50 turn right (East) approx 3 miles to Denmark Ave. Turn right on Denmark Ave. approx 3/4 mile (South) to 220th Street. Take 220th Street (left) to fairgrounds.

From the East:
Take Hwy 52 to Hwy 50. Take Hwy 50 West approx 8 miles to Hwy 3. Cross Hwy 3 approx ½ mile to fairgrounds.

From the North or South:
Take Hwy 3 to Farmington. Take 220th Street (West) ½ mile to fairgrounds.

From the Mall of America (494 & Cedar):
Take Cedar (Hwy 77) South to Hwy 50 turn left (East) to Denmark Ave. Turn right on Denmark Ave. approx 3/4 mile (South) to 220th Street. Take 220th Street (left) to fairgrounds.

The Spectator Gate opens at 8 am on Saturday and Sunday

(The Spectator Gate is the first gate from the East across the front of the fairgrounds.)

FREE parking on grounds – please do not park on city streets.

Show Hours:
Saturday, June 5th
8 am – 1 pm: Car Show Registration
8 am – 6 pm: Car Show, Swap Meet & Show Events

Sunday, June 6th
8 am – 10 am: Registration
8 am – 4 pm: Car Show & Events
8 am – 5 pm: Swap Meet
4 pm: Award Ceremony

Entry Fees:
Daily spectator admission is just $10.00 per person at the gate and children under 12 are admitted free. FREE parking is available on the fairgrounds. Parking on city streets is discouraged.

Please use the Spectator Entrance (first entrance East of the Swapper Entrance) when you arrive.

Spectator (Per Day) $10.00
Children under 12 FREE
Non-Judged Display $15.00
Pre-Registration $15.00
Registration at Show $25.00
Swap Space (20×20) $80.00
Additional Swap Space (10×20) $30.00
Single Only Swap Space (10×20) $30.00
Car Corral $25.00

Note: Show and swap entry fees include two admissions for both Saturday and Sunday!

Contacts:
This event is hosted by the Midwest Mopars car club. If you have any questions please call the Show Chairman Gary Richgruber at 952-884-9804 or Advertising Chairman Marigale Prokop at 651-260-5261.

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Don “The Snake” Prudhomme Featured GuestMidwest Mopars is proud to present Don “The Snake” Prudhomme as the featured guest of the 27th Annual Midwest Mopars in the Park National Car Show & Swap Meet to held June 4th and 5th at Dakota County Fairgrounds in Farmington, MN.[/SIZE]
Ask even the most casual of motorsports fans who the biggest name in drag racing is and you are almost always sure to hear one name – Don “The Snake” Prudhomme, a true legend of the sport.
The Snake’s remarkable driving career began in 1962 with his first Top Fuel victory at “Smokers March Meet” in Bakersfield, Calif., before ending with 49 NHRA career victories – the sixth most in NHRA history – following his farewell “Final Strike Tour” in 1994. For his career, Prudhomme reached the finals 68 times, posting a remarkable 35 wins in 45 Funny Car finals and 14 wins in 23 Top Fuel finals rounds.
Along the way, Prudhomme reached many important milestones and broke several barriers in the sport. He became the first driver to win four consecutive NHRA series titles, won the prestigious U.S. Nationals seven times, was the first Funny Car driver to break the 250- mph mark, was the first to post an elapsed time under 5.20 seconds (5.193), became the first driver to win seven of eight national events in one season (1976), was the first NHRA Winston World Champion (1975), and became the first driver to win the U.S. Nationals and Winternationals in the same season (1965). At age 51, he became the third Top Fuel driver to pass the 300-mph mark (301.60) in 1993.

Reunion Tradition Continues This year the show’s reunion will take place featuring John Hagen’s Plymouth Arrow to be reunited with the Hagen family.
John Hagen lost his life in an unfortunate accident during the 1983 NHRA Northstar Nationals in Brainerd, Minnesota.
Clark and Colleen Rand of Springfield, MO own this piece of American racing lore and will be on hand along with several authentic Sox and Martin cars as well – look for Diane Sox too!

Back to Mopar’s Future 1971 - An amazing time in history. The Microprocessor was invented, Nixon was president, $.40 for a gallon of gas, and Led Zeppelin released their fourth album. There are many other facts about the year 1971 that we can come up with, but there is one fact that we all know to be true, and that is in 1971, Chrysler made some of the most amazing cars with more horsepower than anyone else.
Here’s your chance to return back to Mopar’s future with the first ever “1971 Mopar - All Model Year Line Up” display at this year’s Midwest Mopars in the Park National Car Show. The plan is to fill a display barn or two with one of every model in the 1971 Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth model year offerings. A gathering like this has never been attempted before, so make plans to see this first ever attempt!
The idea to create a giant dealership showroom straight out of 1971 is a brilliant way to showcase this time in Mopar’s history. And if you think your ride has what it takes and would like to nominate your car for this prestigious and historic display, contact Glenn Larson at [email protected]. You will need to submit two photos of each entry so be sure to include them when you contact Glenn. All entries will be considered by the Midwest Mopars Board of Directors and you will be notified shortly thereafter. Registration deadline for the 1971 Mopar display is May 15, 2011. Note: all of the cars in the display have to be minty stock (or as close as possible) – no blowers, turbos,

Racer’s Barn “Miss Mighty Mopar” Judy Lilly, “Akron” Arlen Vanke, “Mr. 4 Speed” Herb McCandless, Don Grotheer and more will be on hand to meet and greet Mopar fans of all ages. Plus, several new additions to this well attended exhibit are in store.
Guinness Book World Record Attempt Here’s another Midwest Mopars first! A Guinness World Record of assembling the most 2008 through 2011 Challengers in one place will be attempted at this year’s show. As if that’s not enough, to qualify for the record, a minimum of 250 cars need to assemble and parade at least two miles. Plus, Mopar has plans to send a special envoy to lead the parade! You’ll have to be there to see who it is and if you own one of these beautiful cars, you need to be a part of this Guinness World Record attempt!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Mike, I have this on the calendar, will try and make it.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Participants will recieve this cool looking event T-shirt for participationg. We will need at least 250 to set the record and one of the pre-reqs for this by guinness is that we will have to be in a parade, and the length of the parade route is 2 miles. All new challengers class code 4200 will have there own designated parking area and parade will start at 2:30PM on Saturday June 4th. Hope to see you there!!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I've got a cousin west of Chi town. Maybe it's time for a visit then on to the world record!

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hell yeah guys this is a no miss Kick off summer event!
Be sure to register asap check out the site this is one event not to miss in June!

DK,hell yeah man come on down for this event it is worth the trip no doubt,that is if you can make ..Lets blow the roof off this event and try to attend please CT show your strength in numbers!
We can meet at Super Dawg in Chicago Friday night and trek up to Mn if that will work ...PM me.

Talk about a summer kick off party!
RLD has personally invited us all to this event !

There are rooms available if needed at a Hilton Gardens about 10 miles from the event in Eagen MN.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Great to see some out of state interest, I've been going to this for years and it's always been my favorite. Last year we had about 75 new Challengers there and this year the World Record Attempt, should be a BLAST!!!Wolffy--:smokin:Midwest Mopars and MnChallenger member:smokin:

7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buddy^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree this is a very note worthy event I will attend,and shoot me a pm Ill look for yah as well in the sea of Challengers! :)Looks about a 10 hour ride for me not bad at all I wish you all safe travel to this event,and on the ride home too.

Many Mopar events are popping this one especially caught me eye hope to see you all there in numbers!:guiness::guiness::guiness::guiness::guiness::guiness:

This is gonna be big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
notsure

Tried to PM you notsure, but your folder was full-said you need to delete some messages. Anyway, thanks for posting all the info on Mopars-in-the Park. I promise that if you attend, you won't be dissappointed. Check out MnChallengers on Facebook to see what we have planned for the summer.The MnChallenger Car Club is a super great bunch of people. Oh, and by the way I'm the guy that has BLKHEMI for a license plate.:bigthumb:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy:bigthumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wolffy - yes there is some out of state intrest, we have registrations from - MN, WI, IL, MI, IA, ND, SD, OK. Lets keep them coming in and get this record set!!!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You can count me in. I also posted it on Chryslers of Wi. www.club-cow.com Modern Mopar car club. We have about 12 Challengers on there.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I seriously want to go to this, however I'm in the Air Guard and that's our drill weekend, no way of me getting out of that. I have talked to a few other Challenger owners at a car show over this past weekend who are going though.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts