Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow... What a different culture you Americans have.

I'm not criticizing but it's funny to see so many of you carrying guns like it's the same as a cell phone or wallet.

Be safe out there.
There was a time in this country's history where this was not only normal, the government didn't even license it. It's only in the last 100 yrs where it's been seen as aberrant, and even then because the government licensed it and generally prohibited it. It's the new old normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Weapons in your car

Speaking from practical application you should forego any under the seat version. You will never retrieve the weapon cleanly or quickly in a emergency and it will act like a sand magnet even in a clean car. I usually just wear mine. but when thats not an option or I need a second weapon I have a small holster secured inside the center consol as a back up location, still not very fast to get at but is is in a place I dont have to worry about it sliding around the car and it stays clean. Under the steering wheel is an interesting place but I would be concerned that the wheel itself would hinder retrieval. For "speed" I have tinkered with a holster attached to the outside of the consol near the seat next to my knee. This seems to work fine and is relatively secure but you then have to be concerned that this location might be considered a violation of your states concealed weapons law. I have seen holsters attached to the back of the headrest and lower on the back seat so that the driver can simply sit in his vehicle with his hand near the weapon and not look out of the ordinary. Whatever you do check with the local police before you do it. :5:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Whatever you do check with the local police before you do it.
Well, so to speak, yeah. I'd rather check on the local laws then ask what police officers' reactions to my carry mode typically are in my area, which is an entirely different story. There's websites dedicated to these discussions.

Otherwise there's definitely times when the gun will leave your person to be stored inconspicuously in the car, such as for quick trips into areas where guns are prohibited. And then on very long highway trips, I think that the gun does belong off-body (unless you shoulder carry). You just have to reholster before every gas or food stop. And finally there's those of us who carry their primary on their person 100% of the time, but still like having a dedicated car gun, maybe loaded differently (like for penetration) and as a backup.
So besides the differences in local laws the 'one size fits all' approach doesn't apply.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I like that!
This thread has been quiet a long time.
What is that holster called?
I just had surgery and CC is difficult. It is too hot to shoulder carry.
I have been toting mine in my backpack.
I do not ever leave a weapon in my car.
I wonder if that will fit my 2015.
Thanks.
Tom.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT8
38 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Both my carry pistols fit nicely in console . Both Sigs. P938 and 1911 Ultra. I usually lay a Micro fiber towel around it so no clunking noise.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Both my carry pistols fit nicely in console . Both Sigs. P938 and 1911 Ultra. I usually lay a Micro fiber towel around it so no clunking noise.
I hear you.
I am healing well from major abdominal surgery in late April. just had some tests and it looks like I will be undergoing another major abdominal surgery in about a month.
I thought my hernia surgery was a pain in the "body". This one took the cake!!
Reaching and twisting will be a problem again soon I fear. I also carry my Ipod in the console and am fearful of damaging it.
I like that steering column holster as it is right in easy reach.
I am able to carry my Llama .380 with little problem now, but, my Glock .45 ACP is light but bulky.
It will probably be months here in sunny Fla. before it is cool enough to wear a jacket.
May all that pray keep me in their thoughts.
Thanks for the ideas all.
Peace.
Tom.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I can't imagine rigging a fixed holster in the car and off my person---I just do not envision carrying a firearm and not having direct and immediate control over it 100% of the time. Anything off-person raises the likelihood of it being taken/stolen/used against me.

It's my personal philosophy that my handgun will always be in only three (3) environments: in my hand, in my holster on my person, or in my locked safe. I seldom carry these days, but when I do it's in a holster on my person. I carry AIWB, so it's not uncomfortable even when sitting for long periods of time, and it's quick & easy to draw and re-holster, even with my seat belt locked in place.

To each his own, but think carefully about how and why you carry and intend to use a firearm before making any decisions on carry mode. Then practice carefully with that mode until it becomes second nature.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Get your CC permit and where it .If your weapon gets stolen out of your car ( depending on local law) it can get you in trouble. (If it was not LOCKED up) I read about someone having this happen, not long ago.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2014 Shaker
137 Posts
I keep my Beretta 96D in my center console, but it's a tight fit. I'd like to find somewhere better, but I also don't want it seen when I'm not in my car. I can't take it in to work with me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
With the "wrap around" front seats in the Challenger, I can't carry my G23 without it digging into the side of the seat. I would love to figure out a way to mount a holster to the drivers side of the console.

2015 RT Shaker

Any input?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wow... What a different culture you Americans have.

I'm not criticizing but it's funny to see so many of you carrying guns like it's the same as a cell phone or wallet.

Be safe out there.

We have not yet become civilized. Our citizens are, for the most part, poorly educated, and lack a proper upbringing. They lack both a sense of decency and a moral compass. The only information they get is from editorialized cable news, and internet blogs. Generally, they are idiots. As such, our people live in a constant state of fear and confusion. They fear what they don't understand, and they simply don't understand. Guns make insignificant people feel significant. They are the great "equalizers." As the old saying goes... "Abe Lincoln may have freed all men, but Sam Colt made them equal." Americans don't have the necessary institutions to create equality in this country like most other 1st world countries... It's the best we can do I guess.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
I just moved out of Wyoming. There, it is not uncommon to see people walking down the street openly carrying. Up there, they have 1 registered gun for every 5 people.
And that's just 'registered' ones. The state has no law requiring you register any firearm. The guys I knew who had guns generally had 7-10 of them (some many, many more). There is almost bi-monthly gun shows and swap meets.
We were regularly asked for car holsters and gun racks at the dealership I was working at. Hell, the clothing store my gf worked at, female customers regularly asked for CC purses. It's part of the culture there. Nobody starts sh*t with nobody, cause ya never know who's packing ;)

I've only got my trusty old Ruger P-35, and if I take it anywhere, I'm generally in my Jeep headed for the mountains :p

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
We have not yet become civilized. Our citizens are, for the most part, poorly educated, and lack a proper upbringing. They lack both a sense of decency and a moral compass. The only information they get is from editorialized cable news, and internet blogs. Generally, they are idiots. As such, our people live in a constant state of fear and confusion. They fear what they don't understand, and they simply don't understand. Guns make insignificant people feel significant. They are the great "equalizers." As the old saying goes... "Abe Lincoln may have freed all men, but Sam Colt made them equal." Americans don't have the necessary institutions to create equality in this country like most other 1st world countries... It's the best we can do I guess.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
U sir r the idiot!

101 - 120 of 132 Posts