Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to go Green with Envy but ya know the White and Blue Cars are growing on me and I have both options at my dealer now so What do you guys think ....The green is out so......

White or Blue Hmmmm.............................:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
You cant go wrong....BUT......I think I would go white

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
White= less of them made, more unusual overall (even Mazda makes a blue w/ white stripes).....will show dirt less, will show scuffs less

DWB= after seeing both in person i do think it looks better but-shows scuffs all over the car from day 1 and i find when a car gets older and full of swirls the metallic flake dulls which changes the color in the sun..

i chose white because i feel long term the white will hold up better since its a flat color...the stripes almost look purple/blue in the bright sun

i always liked the original Trans Am's in white/blue stripes.....

if you cant make up your mind right now odds are you will always wonder if you should have bought the other one...I figure ill feel that way about the GWE when it comes out..i always wanted sublime.....but i decided a special edition was more important than green

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I agree with huggytree's assessment. Obviously, I took the opposite approach and went with DWB. It is just a gorgeous color, and I think Challengers just look better with darker colors (personal opinion). You can't go wrong either way - the white is great as well, particularly with the blue stripe.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I agree with huggytree's assessment. Obviously, I took the opposite approach and went with DWB. It is just a gorgeous color, and I think Challengers just look better with darker colors (personal opinion). You can't go wrong either way - the white is great as well, particularly with the blue stripe.
ill bet you liked the part best where i said DWB looks better eh?

·
Registered
396 Posts
The only way to get an SRT in white is with the IE
both colors look great .
I love it in white . White shows character lines much better IMO

It's really preference. Buy one of each & problem solved :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
ill bet you liked the part best where i said DWB looks better eh?
Absolutely! However, after previously owning a DWB R/T, I know how hard it is to keep the paint looking pristine, and I certainly think white would be easier to maintain for the long term.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
DWB w/ white stripes IMO is definitely the better looking IE color scheme - it's stunning really, especially in low light. Can't argue it will be harder to maintain and will show defects more easily.

Aside from the questionable long-term collector value of the IE, the DWB/white stripe was THE reason I bought an IE. If I could have ordered that color scheme in a normal SRT8 with black leather seats and added the other appearance package items - I probably would have taken that route.

Aside from being hard to keep clean, the white seats are growing on me. They are pretty audacious, but so is the car. It's hard to miss those white full body stripes against a dark blue background even in heavy traffic - this car is a major head-turner. And the red Brembos and red 392 Hemi badges totally set-off nicely against DWB also.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think either way you will be happy.
I see you are in NJ but for any area of the country with blistering Summer heat, go with the white!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I've always liked white cars, but something about the blue stripes on the white IEs looks too Mustang-ish to me. DWB is a gorgeous color and that would be my choice of the two.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I've always liked white cars, but something about the blue stripes on the white IEs looks too Mustang-ish to me. DWB is a gorgeous color and that would be my choice of the two.
i think just the opposite....when i see blue w./ white stripes i think mustang...i think there are more blue mustangs than white ones

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all your help guys I went white picking her up now !

I will post pictures and let you all know my number !

I feel like a giddy school boy lol.......

Asab.......:bigthumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW love the car man !!! Yes they both had the same options only one not installed was the Mopar Apperance Package...To me no big deal i can get matts and door sils ect ect....

White is cool man love the way it looks Heck ALL colors on this car are great !!!

Thanks again Asab..............:)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
the appearance package wasnt on mine...and i was glad...i used the $500 mopar bucks to buy the car cover,shifter .....i dont need the pedals or door sill covers...the appearance package isnt a very good deal unless you want all those things...if you only want a couple of them the mopar bucks is the way to go....

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I like color... DWB is my second favorite color on the Challenger. It is a nice dark shiny color and really shows well in the sunshine. If red wasn't my all time favorite color I would have gone with DWB.

You can't go wrong with either color man.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts