Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I were in Tacoma yesterday and decided to cruise by the Dodge dealership... they have a GWE 392 sitting up on a rack in the front. We stopped in to take pics and were accosted by a sales guy who claims this is the only GWE in 6 states. Who knows if that's true? Sticker price is $54,000+, which includes a $5000 "market adjustment." All of their Challengers had $5000 market adjustments, so even the 2010 SEs were over $30,000. Sheesh!

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's dealerships like this one that give car salesman a bad name. Not that a lot of them need any help. LOL

·
Registered
368 Posts
I hate stealerships like that one. I hope the cars sit there and rot.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
They aren't that rare, the nearest dealer to me had three, they already sold the six speed, but have two autos. Several other dealers in the area have one or two as well.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Amazing that dealers still try to pull this stuff, our local dealer does the same thing...just one reason why we are so lucky to have great dealers like Baxter here on the forum that don;t take advantage of you, and actually know the product

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm assuming you are referring to Tacoma Washington...If that's the case, he obviously thinks Vancouver is in in Canada. Check Di ck Hannah's inventory. (word filter) They have one as well and have had for about a month. Although, that markup is ridiculous.

MSRP:
$50,180
Our Price:
$60,180
Color:
Greeh With Envy
Stock #:
CD11242

·
Registered
278 Posts
They had one here in Ft Walton, FL. The sale's kid had absolutely no clue about the car, it had been delivered over the weekend sometime and had a nice 4 in scratch along the rear quater panel, dont think they will be able to buff that out. He tried to tell me that the SRT's only came in a six speed manual and MDS can be turned off LOL! Anyway it looks great in this color, just not for $50,000. I found a black 392 with all the same options for $46,000 in Alabama neither dealership had them marked up.

·
Registered
504 Posts
They had one here in Ft Walton, FL. The sale's kid had absolutely no clue about the car, it had been delivered over the weekend sometime and had a nice 4 in scratch along the rear quater panel, dont think they will be able to buff that out. He tried to tell me that the SRT's only came in a six speed manual and MDS can be turned off LOL! Anyway it looks great in this color, just not for $50,000. I found a black 392 with all the same options for $46,000 in Alabama neither dealership had them marked up.

My co worker just bought a black 392 with silver stripes for 42k...keep shopping...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
... and people wonder why more Camaros and Mustangs are sold.:(

No kidding. When I bought a couple months ago the local dealer inventory was crap and the ones they did have were all marked up, even the leftover 2010s.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
There are 13 GWE's within 200 miles of me.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The first two lessons taught at dealership training:

1. If we have it, it's rare and they're "flying off the lots"
2. If you have it to trade "nobody wants those anymore"

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
and people wonder why more Camaros and Mustangs are sold
Actually the greedy dealer syndrome affects ford and chevy as well. Ford dealers had dealer addendum stickers (over MSRP prices) of 5k+ for shelby's for almost three years after they first came out, sometimes as high as 15k extra...it was one of the reasons why i ended up in a challenger instead of a shelby. I just wasn't paying over sticker for a car no matter where i got it from. In fact i expected to get it at a significant discount. I've seen the same thing happen at chevy dealers on the SS camaros, and the other high performance limited editions. Some dealers just can't help themselves. They feel they will get what they ask, and sometimes they will, but most of the time they'll end up getting stuck with a turkey that eats up lot space for a year or more.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,072 Posts
My husband and I were in Tacoma yesterday and decided to cruise by the Dodge dealership... they have a GWE 392 sitting up on a rack in the front. We stopped in to take pics and were accosted by a sales guy who claims this is the only GWE in 6 states. Who knows if that's true? Sticker price is $54,000+, which includes a $5000 "market adjustment." All of their Challengers had $5000 market adjustments, so even the 2010 SEs were over $30,000. Sheesh!
Ask for Tom Tuttle from Tacoma. He'll take care of you!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Holy crap over $30K for an SE? Mine had some extras and is 2011 and I got it for $24K

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
There's one down the street at the dealer. I have to admit, GWE would be way, way down on my list of color choices if I was buying now. It's not horrible, but it isn't for me.

New 2011 Dodge Challenger for Sale in Toledo, Ohio - Yark Chrysler Jeep Dodge

I would pass on it for a couple reasons, it's got the Kicker "upgrade" stereo, which isn't an upgrade at all, IMO, and it has a sunroof. I would avoid that if possible, too many problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts