Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hear's a little bit of latest info. Dealer advise's me that there are only two GWE's that have been issued VIN's. They have been held up because of leakey shock issues and are waiting for replacements.

I ordered mine on Jan-23 and it went in with dealers alocated GWE's. None of the ordered (including mine) have been issued Vin's. Advises me that he will make a call to area rep today and see if he can get a valid update.

There is obviously a BIG problem that we don't have all info on and thing's aren't looking good at this point. Everyone that has one ordered or is awaiting dealer inventory are just going to wait this out or move on to your next best option.

I told dealer that my order is to stand unless they cancel the entire GWE build. The way things look right now it might not be until June or July that they may see some trickel in. Don't know for sure, could be wrong on that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That doesn't really make sense to me as the GWE's have the same shocks as all the other SRT8's/Rt's and those are continuing to be built????

Not to devalue your source but I think I have read like 20 different "dealer told me" stories on why the GWE's are delayed.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Hear's a little bit of latest info. Dealer advise's me that there are only two GWE's that have been issued VIN's. They have been held up because of leakey shock issues and are waiting for replacements.

I ordered mine on Jan-23 and it went in with dealers alocated GWE's. None of the ordered (including mine) have been issued Vin's. Advises me that he will make a call to area rep today and see if he can get a valid update.

There is obviously a BIG problem that we don't have all info on and thing's aren't looking good at this point. Everyone that has one ordered or is awaiting dealer inventory are just going to wait this out or move on to your next best option.

I told dealer that my order is to stand unless they cancel the entire GWE build. The way things look right now it might not be until June or July that they may see some trickel in. Don't know for sure, could be wrong on that.

I've heard of "Koni" shocks, but never "Leakey"
Are they made in France?:browsmiley:

·
Registered
483 Posts

Woo Hoo!!! I have a VIN!!! That makes me one of two!!!!!! :browsmiley:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i dont know why it takes so long just to switch colors...

you go and buy green paint and paint the car
you buy green thread and stitch the seats
you take the exact rim you produced 8 months ago and produce a few more of them

it just makes no sense.....i thought of waiting at one point...glad i didnt....id cancel my order and wait to see what 2012 brings...since you will be getting them around the same time what do you have to lose....when they finally arrive they wont run out of them

maybe pure sublime will be a 2012 option

it seems strange that Dodge had 5 high impact colors in 2010 and 0 in 2011 (or is TO a high impact?)

here they have a awesome new engine and no special colors to go with it....very odd

·
Registered
549 Posts
Should have asked your dealer what the difference is between GWE shocks and the other Challenger shocks is. Bet he would have done a little stumbling on his words. Thats a new one to add to the mix of reasons why there is no build.

·
Vendor
5,673 Posts
I want a VIN, too!!! :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
yeah but the other guy is a real jerk :liar:
Must be in the name..............:bigthumb:

Technically, I have the SECOND VIN. bhayes335 beat me by 5 minutes......:bowdown:

·
Banned
407 Posts
Must be in the name..............:bigthumb:

Technically, I have the SECOND VIN. bhayes335 beat me by 5 minutes......:bowdown:
don't beat yourself up over it, i paid for it...bob is now a proud member of the jelly of the month club...gotta know how to grease those wheels right

·
Registered
483 Posts
don't beat yourself up over it, i paid for it...bob is now a proud member of the jelly of the month club...gotta know how to grease those wheels right
Oooooooh jelly! I guess the first car I bought from him didn't carry much weight. :browsmiley:

I even sent him a couple rare Stone Double Bastard beers after the delivery of the first car. Maybe I should have sent a case......a month......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
i dont know why it takes so long just to switch colors...

you go and buy green paint and paint the car
you buy green thread and stitch the seats
you take the exact rim you produced 8 months ago and produce a few more of themThe thing is, its a little more complicated than that. They have to clean the tanks, and switch over to gwe. They also have to make sure they can use a tank, because the rest of the colors currently run are available on the entire lx line. Then once they're filled and ready to go, everythings gotta be inspected and tested.
The thread has to be worked in, similar to above. They need to make sure the machines are clear to be used, and not needed for the rest of the line. Its gotta be in stock for every order allocated and put through to d, or they can have a hiccup in production and cause an even longer delay, while you're waiting d+ its gonna be a hell of a lot harder to deal with rather than knowing your car hasn't been put into production yet. I'm not 100% whether katzkin assembles the seat covers (i'd assume they do since they produce them), but thats another thing. Seat covers would be outsourced, so for the cars ready to be produced they have to be in stock.
The wheels, same deal as the thread. They aren't made by dodge, they're made by alcoa. So, they have to put an order in for them rather than making them along the line like they would other parts.

Then theres the fact about the radio shortage. I know 100% that they're having problems with them, theres been statements released by dodge regarding the charger and new 300 saying they were delayed because of that.

So, it could be a number of things causing the delays, but you guys are gonna have your cars soon enough dont worry.

it just makes no sense.....i thought of waiting at one point...glad i didnt....id cancel my order and wait to see what 2012 brings...since you will be getting them around the same time what do you have to lose....when they finally arrive they wont run out of them

maybe pure sublime will be a 2012 option

it seems strange that Dodge had 5 high impact colors in 2010 and 0 in 2011 (or is TO a high impact?)

here they have a awesome new engine and no special colors to go with it....very odd
They'll get em out soon enough

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excuse my leakey>>>>ment of course leaky!
Update from dealer.
Apparently only a select few had this leaky shock problem but they decided to pull the entire Challenger and Charger line just to be on the safe side and make sure this problem was not across the entire line. Don't know the end result but dealer said don't be surprised if GWE's don't show up until June.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Update from dealer.
Apparently only a select few had this leaky shock problem but they decided to pull the entire Challenger and Charger line just to be on the safe side and make sure this problem was not across the entire line. Don't know the end result but dealer said don't be surprised if GWE's don't show up until June.
Oh man! Dodge gots themselves a batch of mosleaky shocks! Bartle Doo!

·
Registered
308 Posts

You mean your dealership only has two cars with a VIN? :scratchhead: Because I know for a fact that there are a lot more than two GWE's with VIN's, and yes I too have a VIN for mine. :fight:

:)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Update from dealer.
Really , all Chargers and Challengers pulled ?? . Someone should call the plant and tell them this cause the line ran full speed and we built a ton of these today

·
Registered
151 Posts
They have been held up because of leakey shock issues and are waiting for replacements.
i had to check my calendar, and make sure it wasn't April 1st. if a dealer tried that line of horse dung, i would have fallen down laughing.

/Green with Anticipation :guiness:

·
Banned
407 Posts
You mean your dealership only has two cars with a VIN? :scratchhead: Because I know for a fact that there are a lot more than two GWE's with VIN's, and yes I too have a VIN for mine. :fight:

:)
ughhh fine you can join our VIN club...BUT THERE WILL BE HAZING!!!

... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then SilverFish joined in later. And 35 mins ago, I saw your post and I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added one more guy to my wolf pack. Three of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts