Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
Cool ride, I'm liking the white stripes on green and love the rims.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority. I hate the rims. The car would look great if it just had the 2010 Classic wheels.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Awesome!! i love the rims and the white side stripes....i think the RT looks better than the SRT

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority. I hate the rims. The car would look great if it just had the 2010 Classic wheels.
Correctamundo!

It's a matter of personal preference, and I'm sure the OP prefers these rims to the classic ones. IMHO there are no rims better than the classics. I would love to find another set at a good price.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Very nice R/T look in the green. I've only seen the green live in person in the SRT so far. Probably no point in saying this, but I am in the camp of "stock is king" on the wheel issue. The Dodge wheels offer all the great choices necessary. But that's just me, I know how many people like to switch their wheels out. Also, just a matter of choice, but for me, white stripes are nice, but the black on green or on any other body color is amazing to my own eye.

added: correction acknowledge, I was mistaken on whether the wheels were stock.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,074 Posts
I like either color stripes on this car but I don't think the black wheels go white stripes. I'd change the wheels out for the classic polished aluminum ones. The stock wheels should sell easy enough should the owner decide to let them go.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I like either color stripes on this car but I don't think the black wheels go white stripes. I'd change the wheels out for the classic polished aluminum ones. The stock wheels should sell easy enough should the owner decide to let them go.
I'm thinking the same thing about the stripes matching the wheels. I have always liked white stripes, but I think with those dark wheels, the black stripe looks best. Don't get me wrong, the white stripes look killer, I just happen to like the black stripes better with the dark wheels.

I always wanted a blue car with white stripes, but when I buy or order my Challenger this winter, I think I am going to get the Blue Streak Classic package with black stripes. That is only because I am understanding that this dark wheel will be the new Classic wheel going forward. If they still offer the Heritage wheel, then I think white stripes would look great.

My two cents.

BTW, I am loving the GWE color. I saw some SRT's the other day on the lot where all the cars come into Houston, that color really pops. There were three of them parked among probably a thousand cars of all types and colors, and the GWE stood out big time among them all.

:guiness:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks for the correction on the wheels. I did not know those were stock. Guess I have been focused too much on the 2010's for the last few months, or working too hard; I went to check out the 2011 wheels on the Dodge site just now to update my knowledge. I have a nearby Dodge lot with many Challengers, but I had only seen green SRT's, and had not seen these wheels. I agree with the recent post, while I'm not an art critic nor color coordinator, I like black trim and details all black, or white/chrome/silver trim together. Anyway, I'm being way too critical here, because any green Challenger is going to get my pulse going and a put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Those rims are the only ones available on the GWE RT. Every RT we have built has those rims , personally I would also prefer the classic CLASSIC rim.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Without the "classic" style wheel from the '70's it's not much of a R/T Classic

·
Registered
411 Posts
Those wheels remind me of the old " recall " wheels from 1969. I also agree the regular Classic wheel would be the way to go. That is one factory wheel they got right!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
hmmm.I like those rims. stripes look good but would have gone with flat back myself...or pink maybe.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
It would be sweet if Dodge would offer at least the option for a true classic style Mopar rim (Rallye) for the Classic R/T, at least for those that want it. Not just their modern interpretation of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
thats the first gwe ive seen with white stripes and in bright sunlight,it really looks great! you can really see the metallic in the side/front pic,beautiful!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree 72CUDA we need the real deal mopar rallye rim not the modern interpretation of it. But i do like the new R/T classic rim very nice but hopefully they will go one step farther and make a new good looking mopar rallye rim. Great pics very nice color also like the R/T badge in the back as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.