Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw my first GWE last night at a get together at a local car show.

I was impressed...everyone says the photo's dont properly show the color is correct...it has something extra that doesnt show up...it was cloudy, so i dont know the true impact of the color, but even in shade is has a unique quality that makes the color jump....i dont think ive ever seen a paint color have the same florescent quality or pizazz

it was parked 2 cars away from my IE and most people went to his car 1st before mine...his tinted windows seemed to make the car POP a bit more too.

If i had bought a GWE instead of my IE i think i would have been very happy....as far as which i would pick now given the choice it would probably be 51% GWE to 49% IE.....

I still think Dodge should do Sublime as a 500 run special edition, but i can see how GWE can satisfy most Sublime wet dreams.

one thing i noticed is it has the IE's brushed stainless interior parts (except the door handles)...All 392's dont have that do they? its just a GWE thing right?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Not sure about the GWE package, but here is the breakdown for an IE with the Mopar Appearance Package:

Inaugural Edition Accessories:
window decals with Mopar emblem
quad exhaust tips with Mopar logo
white or blue body stripes
body color front grille trim
white/blue
leather seats and door panels
brushed aluminum center stack bezel
serialized dash plaque

Factory Mopar Appearance Package:
floor mats with Challenger logo
chrome door sill guards with Challenger logo
indoor/outdoor car cover with Challenger logo

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
My redline has the brushed aluminum center stack...

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought the brushed center stack was IE only.....looks like all i got special was the door handles.......i will cherish them forever

·
Registered
631 Posts
My 392 has the brushed shifter and radio bezel parts.
Same here! I was glad not to get the fake carbon fiber that I saw on the R/T I test drove. Wouldn't have minded a few more suttle parts in brushed aluminum, but overall I like the interior.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here is a an exterior pic and an interior pic of my GWE. The interior gets the brushed aluminum around radio, stick shift and on centre stack between the seats.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Gear shift

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Green Motor vehicle

·
Registered
144 Posts

I was impressed...everyone says the photo's dont properly show the color is correct...it has something extra that doesnt show up...it was cloudy, so i dont know the true impact of the color, but even in shade is has a unique quality that makes the color jump....i dont think ive ever seen a paint color have the same florescent quality or pizazz

it was parked 2 cars away from my IE and most people went to his car 1st before mine...his tinted windows seemed to make the car POP a bit more too.

If i had bought a GWE instead of my IE i think i would have been very happy....as far as which i would pick now given the choice it would probably be 51% GWE to 49% IE.....

I still think Dodge should do Sublime as a 500 run special edition, but i can see how GWE can satisfy most Sublime wet dreams.

one thing i noticed is it has the IE's brushed stainless interior parts (except the door handles)...All 392's dont have that do they? its just a GWE thing right?
I knew you would like it once you saw it.Its the kind of color (with the golden undertone), thats easy to fall in love with. Hey, don't beat yourself up though, you have an awesome looking car in your IE. They're all great!!!:)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

Yes, the color definitely jumps out at you...not unlike a mugger:(

·
Premium Member
204 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Yes, the color definitely jumps out at you...not unlike a mugger:(

"....i dont think ive ever seen a paint color have the same florescent quality or pizazz" - Huggy Approved

Shut yo mouf' Huggy! You're on a roll as of late:guiness:

·
Registered
531 Posts
You were talking swap in another thread. How about it Huggy? Is there a GWE 6 speed in your future?:smokin:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Your car is wonderful....I can't stand the IE'S...They are gaudy..white interior blows, and having an IE version will be about as significant as a "anniversary edition" ......1990's corvettes......... I will wait to see what the header orange will look like with new vehicle upgrades and a factory supercharger before I add a GWE ....I will never part with my HO..... YOU HAVE A GRAET RIDE...

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You were talking swap in another thread. How about it Huggy? Is there a GWE 6 speed in your future?:smokin:
ive been trying, but the best deal i can find is $6,000 and maybe $4,000

im not going to take that hit....$2,000...maybe $3,000 and id take it

i would switch to a 6 speed....which would save me $1,400 with the gas guzzler tax savings....

no one locally has a GWE...id have to drive to IL and i dont want to spend all day driving around to dealerships when i think its dreaming to get a $2,000 deal

i really like the white w/ blue stripes...and i do like the seats....i just dont like caring for the seats.....ive uncovered the backs now on the driver/passenger...i kept the seat covers on the bottoms and the back seats....so i can atleast enjoy them again....

ive always had 2nd thoughts on almost every color of car/truck ive ever chosen.....if i would have picked green id probably wish i had an IE

The IE package has become a joke and if i would have known it was just seats and a stripe color i probably would have waited for Green....

Im committed for the next 20 years to my IE....ill keep her

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"....i dont think ive ever seen a paint color have the same florescent quality or pizazz" - Huggy Approved

Shut yo mouf' Huggy! You're on a roll as of late:guiness:
at some point you run out of things to ***** about...im there....all my dissapointments over the direction of the IE are in the past....Dodge faulsly advertised what the package included when i ordered mine...its not very special ....but i still like the color scheme and love the performance........

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
HT, that is why everyone says the pics don't do GWE justice. It's awesome in person, huh?? :) By far my favorite color yet!!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Very honest!

Very honest review! As many have said, you still have a great car, and that is pretty cool too!

I have been amazed how much attention my GWE gets. I knew it would be some... but no where near what it is! I think it will be even more after I get the windows tinted on Friday!:thumbsup:

Thanks again for relaying your experience!
APM

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Your car is wonderful....I can't stand the IE'S...They are gaudy..white interior blows, and having an IE version will be about as significant as a "anniversary edition" ......1990's corvettes......... I will wait to see what the header orange will look like with new vehicle upgrades and a factory supercharger before I add a GWE ....I will never part with my HO..... YOU HAVE A GRAET RIDE...
Uh yea...HO isn't "gaudy'. Are you smoking' the crack?!!
I guess its not that bad...if you like driving a fire hydrant.
DWB & White both happen to be classy colors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.