Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
both look nice...GWE is obviously darker and neither is a color I would choose for myself but they do look nice

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks for the great pics. Both colors look really good. They still need to do a sublime Challenger though.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I've been waiting for someone to finally do a side by side comparison like this. Great job Green Gang!:bigthumb: I didn't realize that GWE was that close in color to sublime. I think I may have to eat my words from a previous thread about how much I wished they would release sublime. GWE easily replaces it:browsmiley:

·
Super Moderator
17,469 Posts
I still favor the GWE - there's more "character" to the paint. The gold flake and pearl effect update the green theme.

Sublime looks like a base toner that had something left out during the final mixing of pigments...in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if those who are screaming for sublime really know what they're asking for?
Seems to me they're asking for this:

High impact colors just look better on the Challenger, IMO. Sublime > GWE.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It was great to see the two compared, as i've stated before, i still prefer GWE over the previous sublime. GWE looks deeper, sublime looks like a basecoat without clear added. There is so little difference between the two of them that i find it surprising that the sublime folks are dead set against gwe, GWE is a happy medium between sublime, sassygrass green, and the viper green.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Would also love to see some good sunshine compairson pics if you guys get a chance to take pics again...overcast skies really sap the punch of the colors out. Thanks for the comparison though!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
ive seen the Sublime Chargers before....wow is all i can say..on a sunny day they stand out probably more than the Pink

they are closer than i expected, but it also looks like a cloudy day which effects both paints

id prefer Sublime 100%, but i would probably have been very happy with GWE for my sublime desires........still waiting to see one in person

I also still think they should do a 500 edition in the Charger version of sublime

·
Registered
220 Posts
Although I had been waiting for sublime, I do like GWE better side by side. Its not a heritage color, but it looks great.

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Gang Green :guiness: great comparison I love the rich look of GWE but I've always been partial to metallic paints :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
GWE is a better color IMHO, and although I wouldn't want a green car, it's a tad more "middle of the road" than Sublime. Sublime is more retro though, if that's what your going for.

Don't know what year the Charger was, but the new rear end is so much better than the old one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Based on the pics I'd have to choose the GWE over the Sublime although neither one would be my first choice. I just found out that my local dealer has a GWE in stock so I'll get to see one in person tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
The first I sawof the GWE online I said no way... but after that pic I think its a really nice color!I still like Sublime, and would choose it after PCP!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts