Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Scatpack and I believe its time for myself to upgrade my exhaust. Though I can't decide on either getting the AWE H-Pipe Track edition exhaust kit or Borla X-pipe ATAK exhaust. I just want to make the best decision performance wise. Thoughts? Or any better performing/sounding kits ? Thanks Challenger Crew.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No need for multiple threads on the same subject.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,217 Posts
Neither or any exhaust is going to add much power. The answer to your question depends on what you want your Challenger to sound like. White R/T is right though. Changing the mid mufflers makes a big difference on our 392 powered Challengers and for a reasonable amount of money.

An X-pipe increases high-end horsepower and torque; this is why so many performance cars utilize the “X” design over the standard “H” design. An X-pipe allows the exhaust pulses to merge at the crossover point for a smoother flowing exhaust that results in less back pressure for more power. This modern "X" crossover pipe design adds a loud, crisp, raspy race car growl to the sound of your exhaust that is very similar to modern day high-end exotic sport cars.

An H-pipe will not only improve low-end torque and increase horsepower but will also help add a deep, low tone muscle car rumble to the sound of your exhaust with its classic "H" crossover pipe design. This is similar to the sound of the old school muscle cars of the ’60s and ’70s.

I do have to say though that our stock exhaust is probably the best sounding exhaust that I've heard on a production car. Dodge did a good job on them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neither or any exhaust is going to add much power. The answer to your question depends on what you want your Challenger to sound like. White R/T is right though. Changing the mid mufflers makes a big difference on our 392 powered Challengers and for a reasonable amount of money.

An x-pipe increases high-end horsepower and torque; this is why so many performance cars utilize the “X” design over the standard “H” design. An X-pipe allows the exhaust pulses to merge at the crossover point for a smoother flowing exhaust that results in less back pressure for more power. This modern "X" crossover pipe design adds a loud, crisp, raspy race car growl to the sound of your exhaust that is very similar to modern day high-end exotic sport cars.

An H-pipe will not only improve low-end torque and increase horsepower but will also help add a deep, low tone muscle car rumble to the sound of your exhaust with its classic "H" crossover pipe design. This is similar to the sound of the old school muscle cars of the ’60s and ’70s.

I do have to say though that our stock exhaust is probably the best sounding exhaust that I've heard on a production car. Dodge did a good job on them.

Good luck!
Thank you for the feedback, i think im going to go with the H-pipe after reading this. I do like the sound my stock exhaust has, but I love that old muscle care rumble. I was just a little skeptical on the performance change haha.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,987 Posts
If you are looking for H-pipe exhaust...here is one system that has recently hit the market.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are looking for H-pipe exhaust...here is one system that has recently hit the market.
That’s exactly what kit I was going to get haha, thanks!

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,217 Posts
We had an AWE Track exhaust on our old 2011 Audi S5 (last year of the V8) and it was AWEsome (pun intended). It was well built and sounded good. They aren't cheap, but they are a good grade of stainless and put together nicely and also sounded Fantastic. It had an X-pipe and had that raspy, European sound to it. The other reason that happened might have been partly to how the motor was. They just are higher pitched than our Hemi's.

The other thing about an X-pipe is that it will make your car pop and burble more. I like that.

If you're set on an exhaust, they build a good one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had an AWE Track exhaust on our old 2011 Audi S5 (last year of the V8) and it was AWEsome (pun intended). It was well built and sounded good. They aren't cheap, but they are a good grade of stainless and put together nicely and also sounded Fantastic. It had an X-pipe and had that raspy, European sound to it. The other reason that happened might have been partly to how the motor was. They just are higher pitched than our Hemi's.

The other thing about an X-pipe is that it will make your car pop and burble more. I like that.

If you're set on an exhaust, they build a good one.
aw dang now Im deciding again because I love making my scat pop and burble :( hard ass sacrifice to make haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts