Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2017 challenger rt. I chose to go with the h&r performance lowering springs. The look on the car is mean and the car almost can go on any speed bump. However, the ride quality decreased significantly unlike what other people are saying. I'm sure mine are originals so that's not the issue. For the ride, it became bumpy and every crack or little fault on streets vabrates the car much. Also the car is always vibrating and the interior feels like it's falling apart. The steeringwheel is also vibrating and got significantly heavier. However the car started taking corners much better which is a positive. Is that normal to happen? I mean the problems and ride quality? Should I install sport shocks? Or add spacers which is kinda needed for the look anyway too? Picture of my car is attached. IMG_20180425_144928_204_1529964901866.jpg

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I got the same springs but on a Scat Pack. Did you do the install yourself or had shop do it? The spring dampers that were on the original stock springs should have been reinstalled with the H&R springs. If these weren't reused, this maybe what's causing your problem

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed them in a well known shop. However, I'm not sure of what he did exactly tbh. It took him 45 minutes and the car was ready. Any recommendations on how to make the ride quality better after lowering it?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Installed correctly, you shouldn't have issues until the struts eventually eat themselves, especially with a spring like H&R. The effects are too immediate, and this is an install/config issue, IMO.

Make the shop fix it.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I installed them in a well known shop. However, I'm not sure of what he did exactly tbh. It took him 45 minutes and the car was ready. Any recommendations on how to make the ride quality better after lowering it?
Take it back, something is wrong, have go over everything again, bolt and nuts tighten to spec and make sure that the spring insulators are installed also. 45 minute install seems a little to fast ,like was in rush which means mistakes could of been made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car looks amazing, the h&r springs definitely give it that aggressive look but I’m on the same boat as you. I got my h&r springs installed a couple weeks ago on my 18 RT and I honestly can’t drive it on the highway. Every bump causes my whole car to vibrate. Every bump shocks the car and just feels terrible. Did you manage to find a solution?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts