Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been annoyed by the autodim mirror not reacting quickly enough to prevent being blinded by bright lights from the rear.

So,a simple quick fix changed the light range that it operates in.In order to make the mirror darken in a more suitable ambient light range,all it took was placing a small piece of black electrical tape partially covering the forward facing light sensor on the front of the mirror.This serves to fool the electronic comparator circuit into thinking it's darker outside than it is and consequently adjusts the mirror to a darker level in lower light from the rear..

It took a few tries to get it set for my personal liking,I simply fiddled with the tape until it covered a suitable amount of the sensor.
For that matter,it wouldn't be a big deal to construct a simple flap over the sensor that flips up and down,effectively creating a manual dimming mirror from the automatic one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes,just covering the front sensor then using the power switch does work very well.
But, only partially blocking it changes the light range that it operates in. Then the mirror will darken to the green tint sooner.This is a help in daytime or twilight driving when the other drivers have their headlights on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts