Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through the dealer for an inspection sticker this morning and they had quite a few 2011 Classics on the lot. A bright white with red stripe, an inferno with white stripe, a billet with black stripe, and a blackberry with red stripe.

I was surprised by the white/red combo because in my mind it's not that exciting, but in person, I liked it. What's odd is that I think the red stripes are quite a bit more glossy than the black stripe on my car. I rather like the matte finish of my stripes.

In any event, I do like the changes that they've made to the Challenger now that I see them in person. I still there is room for improvement as far as the fake looking carbon fiber trim, but the steering wheel is attractive, the addition of auto climate control is great, the folding driver's seat was NECESSARY the first time around, and the new color combos look great.

If I were to do it again (why am I thinking this way??) today, I would still wait in line for a GWE Classic with track pack, no sunroof, Heritage wheels, and a 730 with sound group. Oh... and a stick shift. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
a blackberry with red stripe.
So how did that look in the sunlight... when you can tell the Blackberry is dark Blue, instead of Black... :scratchhead: :dunno:
Guessing there won't be too many in that combo...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you actually see a Blackberry with red stripe? I don't think this combo is available. Are you sure it wasn't black?
Well, I guess I should have checked the sticker. The car was in the showroom, and it seemed to have blue metallic fleck in it. But now that you're saying it, I wonder if the "blue" was from some weird "under construction" lighting that they had going on in there.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Well that's freaky. I carpool, and on the way to work this morning we were taking about the different colors for challengers. My friend asked if red stripes were available because he thinks red stripes would look good on white. Guess I'll be showing him this thread when I pick him up.

Posted from a mobile device. Please forgive brevity and occasional typos.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I love the white with red stripes. Looks so awesome!

I have been saving for a 2012 and that's what I will be ordering, unless they come back out with Deep Water Blue or B5 Blue (blue is my favorite on a car).

·
Registered
190 Posts
I didn't really know what Redline 3 Coat looked like. The only reference I had was on the Dodge.com site. But now that I have the car, all I can say is WOW.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I saw the Redline 3 paint in person on a 2011 Charger and it looks fantastic in my mind, i am really not a big fan of red vehicles but i would have driven that one right out of the car show!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just brought home our '11 RT Classic. Toxic Orange w/ White Stripes. Love it. It would be cool if they came out with the Green With Envy in white stripes for the RT!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sean,....I had to look twice at the pic....that's where I got my 2010 FF from a lovely little Cuban gal named Zenia back in March. Pretty good dealership, friendly, reasonable prices and easy to find. I looked over their current inventory for a 2011 six speed last week..they have none. Looks like all the Classics ordered were autos. It's funny, the little Cuban gal said as we were leaving, "you-a gonna be-a happy" She was right! At $8k off the sticker, I was already happy!

It was a NIGHTMARE tho' with the registry of the car..Mass has some very different rules than Maine. The car left the dealer with NO inspection sticker, I had to temp register it in Maine BEFORE I could pick it up, and since it was NOW registered in Maine, they couldn't inspect it!!! Maine DOT issued me 2 day temp passes to use in the state of Maine...I asked them if they would work in MA and NH if I got pulled over....they said,"I guess you'll find out" ! Thanks DOT, I was hoping to get my brand new car impounded by the MA/NH State Police!! Got lucky on the trip home, not a cop in sight!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I like the white w/ red stripe!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sean,....I had to look twice at the pic....that's where I got my 2010 FF from a lovely little Cuban gal named Zenia back in March. Pretty good dealership, friendly, reasonable prices and easy to find. I looked over their current inventory for a 2011 six speed last week..they have none. Looks like all the Classics ordered were autos. It's funny, the little Cuban gal said as we were leaving, "you-a gonna be-a happy" She was right! At $8k off the sticker, I was already happy!
Central Dodge is under construction right now, they're moving the service department to the other side of the building, new drive through drop off bays, adding a coffee shop, and a 50's style diner (yes, you read that correctly!).

Central's been really good to me. Very happy there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good to hear they are adding on...around here you only see closed dealerships.......It's rare when a dealer in Maine actually has a Challenger of any type...my next one will be from Central....sooo, when are you trading yours?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to hear they are adding on...around here you only see closed dealerships.......It's rare when a dealer in Maine actually has a Challenger of any type...my next one will be from Central....sooo, when are you trading yours?
Don't tempt me! :satan:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sean, why trade when you can add :browsmiley:

Since showing my wife GWE, she's been bringing it up about once a month.

I'll be at my local dealer getting an oil change tomorrow so i'm sure I will browse their selection, last time they had a white IE, so who knows what they'll have to try and tempt me. I can't wait to get back 'home' and no longer take my car to the dealer for service.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Randy, I'm really not even thinking about trading. More like "entertaining the thought". I wish my 2010 had the 2011 updates, but I'm still in love with this beast of a car.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The bright white with the gloss red stripes is a sharp looking combination. If I were getting a 2011 R/T, I'd either be getting that combination or GWE.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts