Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Had to put my animal away sooner than I’d hoped for

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  saint 
#1 ·
Had about 8 inches of snow the last three days over here in Rhode Island. Bummed out I won’t be able to use my car for a while anyway unless we have a warm up and things melt and dry up. We’ll see what happens. Anybody else around the area of this last East Coast storm affected?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I USED to drive my toys year round till I moved here in Idaho :( they use that dam de-ice crap here...…...

One winter and my truck frame is rusted all to hell (2002 truck) was fine till I brought it here.

#3 ·
The truck you can see in the first picture is a 2002 Nissan frontier, supercharged V-6. Has 18 winters under its belt but looks like a cream puff on the outside but underneath you can see the destruction the salt does. Painful. Full court press avoiding that on my challenger, going to try anyway.

#7 ·
I am dang near the center of Connecticut, and yes we had 8 inches of snow too. Two of my Challengers -(2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic) and one 2008 Bullitt Mustang are now in winter hibernation mode. My CRV gets me through the winter snow pretty easily.

Reactions: Thread Killer
#8 · (Edited)
Northern MA. 20+ inches over the last 2 days.

The BOSS is put away, but the Ariens has been going full bore!

4 Wheel drive Toyota Tacoma does winter duty.

#10 ·
Only 3 inches here at the Jersey Shore,,,but the "brine mix" they put down around here before these storms is highly corrosive....my daily driver, a 1999 2500 Ram is rusting away,,, I took a look under it a few weeks back and saw that the frame is starting to rust !! Either it's time to get a new truck or move out of the rust belt ,,,needless to say, the RT stays in the garage til spring,or at least a few rainfalls.

#14 ·
I ran mine all last winter and don't plan on doing that again. It went into a 10x20 on Nov 1 right after the first night where the freaking driver's window decided not to go down and I had to pry the door open. Withdrawals are real... I went and started it once already so the schedule will be once every 3 weeks if the weather is nice. I see the engine pegs at 4k RPMs in park, I never knew that.
We should start a group, Challenger's Anonymous or Challenger Withdrawals - Our motto - look at this piece of junk I am driving now so my baby does not get any salt on it.

#17 ·
I will admit that there’s a little bit of warm weather Envy going on here in New England. But, in July and August when you have 105° temperatures you might enjoy a nice 75° day here. There is something to be said for year-round warmth though. All the best

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.