Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I drove my car to work today and I looked at the weather before I left. It said rain but nowhere did it mention any hail. There was a wind advisory and that was it. I can see outside from where I work and I look and its hailing. It was really small not even dime size but I can't help but be worried about what it did to my car. I get lunch at 4 I guess ill find out then.

·
Banned
675 Posts
dime size you should be fine, when I bought my R/T the dealership got hit with golfball size hail, and there was damage every where.

But anything smaller than golfball you should be ok, unless you are crusing highway speeds

·
Registered
90 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I bought my 2010 R/T on Feb 25th of this year. On March 19th, I got hit with quarter sized hail. It did $1700 in damage. I still haven't gotten it fixed yet. Waiting on insurance adjuster to come out and cut me a check!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well from what I can see it hasn't done any damage. It is cloudy today so the dents probably wouldn't show up as good today as they would in the sun but so far it looks fine. Thank god

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Well from what I can see it hasn't done any damage. It is cloudy today so the dents probably wouldn't show up as good today as they would in the sun but so far it looks fine. Thank god

It's just the opposite you will see them better on a cloudy day then on a sunny day. Been doing PDR for 20 years. The hoods are aluminum and don't dent as easy as the steel on the rest of car by the same size hail. Bigger dents you will just see but to see the real small dents which the average person really don't see because they just don't know how to look at it, so find a straight edge from a reflection of something and run that straight edge reflection across the panel and if you see that straight edge bend that's where the dent is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts