1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
306 Posts
I made my own also. The ones that the op are asking about are sold by Steve White motors, a supporting vendor

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep looks good, should have mine next week

·
Registered
274 Posts
When you install these half covers, do you have to do any modifications to them, so they can fit or you just remove the factory cover and put these on and that's it. I am thinking about doing this mod (to my '13 R/T, manual trans.) but the modification, if any, is what's holding me up. The engine looks better, in my opinion, with the half covers.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve said that they rest on the original pins that hold the full cover, two on each side../

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
When you install these half covers, do you have to do any modifications to them, so they can fit or you just remove the factory cover and put these on and that's it. I am thinking about doing this mod (to my '13 R/T, manual trans.) but the modification, if any, is what's holding me up. The engine looks better, in my opinion, with the half covers.
You have to remove a molded-plastic standoff from the driver-side half cover---I did this in less than 2 minutes using a lopper to cut it off and then followed with my Dremel to smooth down.

The passenger-side cover can be tricky to fit only if you are running the factory PCV vent tube, which is not soft/flexible enough to tuck under the cover without forcing it off the little suction cup things. If you run a catch can, that issue is typically eliminated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
For those with an auto on the passenger side cover I had to relieve some of the cover in the back so it would
fit around the transmission tube.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You have to remove a molded-plastic standoff from the driver-side half cover---I did this in less than 2 minutes using a lopper to cut it off and then followed with my Dremel to smooth down.

The passenger-side cover can be tricky to fit only if you are running the factory PCV vent tube, which is not soft/flexible enough to tuck under the cover without forcing it off the little suction cup things. If you run a catch can, that issue is typically eliminated.
Thanks for the info DJ Hemi, sorry to ask, but what's this "molded plastic standoff, you are referring about, on the driver-side cover that needs to be removed. Trying to picture what it is. Again appreciate your input.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Thanks for the info DJ Hemi, sorry to ask, but what's this "molded plastic standoff, you are referring about, on the driver-side cover that needs to be removed. Trying to picture what it is. Again appreciate your input.
See this photo of the underside of the driver-side half cover. This part arrives to you with two plastic 'studs' or standoffs, and you will have to remove the front stud/standoff. It's simple.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
On my 2013 5.7 A5 trans car that I installed the engine half covers on today, I had to:

1. Remove material from the passenger side half cover to clear the automatic dip stick tube.
  2. Remove material from the passenger side half cover to provide clearance around the PCV housing.
  3. Remove material from the passenger side half cover to provide clearance for my Z bracket mounted BT catch can.
  4. Re-route the front PCV hose to clear the passenger side half cover.
  5. Remove the front upper bumper stud from the drivers side half cover.
  6. Modify and re-route the drives side PCV intake hose from a side route to a front routing. I have seen others that modify the drivers side half cover to keep the stock hose routing, but I wanted to fill the front opening in the drivers side half cover.
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
274 Posts
See this photo of the underside of the driver-side half cover. This part arrives to you with two plastic 'studs' or standoffs, and you will have to remove the front stud/standoff. It's simple.
Thanks again for your input and pic. Very much appreciate your help.:thumbsup:

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did not have to trim anything. Used Speedlogix lines to get this look. SWEET!!
:pimp:

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
For you guys that made your own where did you get the inserts? Or how did you make them if you didn't buy them?
Same question here, where do you get the material or buy the inserts from, thanks.

·
Registered
2012 SXT
63 Posts

1 - 20 of 33 Posts