Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that just got a 2014 6 spd and is looking for half engine covers, where is a good place to point him to?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
How do they install? The ones Luke links to says "requires modification".

·
Registered
97 Posts
Minor trimming maybe to clear some of the underhood plumbing but they snap on to the existing studs. Ordered a set from Steve White a few months ago and I love the look! (Be happy to take a picture but my car is under a few inches of snow at the moment)

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Are these aluminum or composite?

·
Vendor
12,224 Posts
plastic, on the auto you have to use a dremel tool and grind a small u shape cut at the back to make room for the dipstick, lots of people are using the pcv tube from the srt to help on the pcv hose location and positioning
really pretty easy to install

Luke

ps we also install them on Magnuson supercharger 5.7L and we use relocation kits to work with the 6.4L

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

·
Vendor
12,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
plastic, on the auto you have to use a dremel tool and grind a small u shape cut at the back to make room for the dipstick, lots of people are using the pcv tube from the srt to help on the pcv hose location and positioning
really pretty easy to install
Luke
Okay, trimming and whatnot is simple but what is this pcv tube swap you speak of? Do you have a part number? My Speedlogic catch can is on order. Does this complicate the installation?

Sorry for seeming so dense, but these covers are high on my list and since my car is now completely stock I want to get all my ducks in a row for a painless, simple install. I've had my share of "simple to install" mods that turn into weekend projects involving cutting, moving, re-arranging, cursing and frustration so like they say... "once bitten, twice shy".

Thank you for your patience.

·
Vendor
12,224 Posts
Okay, trimming and whatnot is simple but what is this pcv tube swap you speak of? Do you have a part number? My Speedlogic catch can is on order. Does this complicate the installation?

Sorry for seeming so dense, but these covers are high on my list and since my car is now completely stock I want to get all my ducks in a row for a painless, simple install. I've had my share of "simple to install" mods that turn into weekend projects involving cutting, moving, re-arranging, cursing and frustration so like they say... "once bitten, twice shy".

Thank you for your patience.

this is not a weekend project, this is a 20 minute install, the catch can will help, since allows re-routing the pcv tubes
Luke

Charger Challenger 300 Vacuum Control Emission Hose PCV Hose 6 4L Mopar Factory | eBay

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Thanks Luke, you're a patient guy. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts