Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may have seen I went and slapped some 295/40/20s on my 15 SRT 392 last week. Gave me an extra half inch of ground clearance but had some rubbing issues on the upper control arm and ended up not being as crazy about the look or feel as I thought I would be... don't know until you try I guess.

So, I am going back to 275/40/20 but I am looking for a good way to raise the front of the car about a half of an inch to level it out and gain a little more clearance.

Curious if anyone has tried or has any thoughts on something like this? https://www.spaccer.com/en_US/

I'd prefer not to jam generic spring spacers into the springs as they seem cheap and stiffen the ride. Anyone else have any suggestions on how to achieve this? Top mounted generic spacers or shims or aftermarket springs... I've come up empty handed so far...

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
When I worked at a Ford dealership the current F150s had a very pronounced rake. They were offering something similar to this to level out the trucks. I bought a new 2004 and 2008 F150 and had them do this to both. Worked very well. No difference in ride quality or any problem whatsoever. Just lifted the vehicle. I also had an alignment done at the time which was required and I assume that would be the case here so I would check with an actual highly qualified alignment tech.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Has to be some sort of adjustable coilover available for our cars?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,996 Posts
Well, if you spend the money, coilovers. Get some with adjustments for compression and rebound, and you can also tune your suspension to your liking. I think some rake looks good on a muscle car. A Guy

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for all the replies! I appreciate all the help I can get on this.

I'm thinking the best bet so far may to have a local shop make up some half inch strut spacers. Found a place that makes 3" ones for when they shove 30" rims underneath but ironically they don't make anything smaller.

Air bags would defeat having the SRT suspension.

And yes they make adjustable springs but none of them that I know of go higher than stock, only lower.

It's that or get adjustable springs to drop the back a half inch, but ideally I'd bring the front up not the back down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts