Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want some HALO headlights and fog LIghts, but I was told that buying brand new headlights with HALOS installed gives you terrible visibility. SO that leaves me with Oracle's HALO headlight conversion kit, from what I see these look so complicated to install and I don't feel comfortable putting my headlight in the OVEN!!! What should I do please help me!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Most are no longer baking their headlights. They split the casing in half, install the halos, then reseal the two halves together. I have a set of Halos on the way from ACC, and will be installing them in two weeks. I always take lot of photos of all my mods on all my cars/trucks, so if there isn't one yet, I can generate a How-To:...

·
Registered
852 Posts
subscribing....very interested in some halo's as well

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just finished a halo install at Christmas. Once I stopped baking and swearing and just cut them open it was easy...it was scary to see but easy and well worth it. Wiring them can be easy but completely depends on how you want them to operate and what control you want.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Halos have arrived from AAC, will be starting the How-To: today beginning with removal of the front clip...

I had initially ordered the CCFT-style Oracle halos, but I had also ordered the remote control kit. It appears the remote kit is not compatible with the CCFT halos, and is only compatible with the LED halos, so they sent me those instead. I've decided to stay with the LEDs. AAC claims they ARE brighter in daylight than the CCFT halos. More to come later tonight.. with photos.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have the remote set up with my CCFL halos. It just turns them on and off. I chose the remote set up so that I wouldn't have to run a switch to the interior of the car. Have fun removing the front clip. It's not hard just time consuming. We have to remove it again since one of the CCFL halos cracked and we have to send it back to AAC.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Does anyone just sell them preinstalled in a headlight casing? Just seems easier in the long run.

Reactions: patwilliams76

·
Registered
852 Posts
Halos have arrived from AAC, will be starting the How-To: today beginning with removal of the front clip...

I had initially ordered the CCFT-style Oracle halos, but I had also ordered the remote control kit. It appears the remote kit is not compatible with the CCFT halos, and is only compatible with the LED halos, so they sent me those instead. I've decided to stay with the LEDs. AAC claims they ARE brighter in daylight than the CCFT halos. More to come later tonight.. with photos.
Grabbing the popcorn!

·
Registered
143 Posts
AAC will install the halos in your headlights. Just send them down. That's what we did.

Did they charge extra for that??

What did yours cost through ACC

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Drink Coke,

Any tips on the front clip would be appreciated. I got the fasteners off up top, and the nuts loose at both ends up top. I disconnected the side marker bulbs, and have reached a point where I think I have to break off all the plastic rivets that hold the front clip to the inner fender liners.

It took me a good 1.5hrs just to get the front wheels off! No jack with the SRT (that I know of). Had to drive the car up onto some blocks just to get enough clearance to get a floor jack under the front. I could only find one place at each side that looked safe to use as a jacking spot, so I had to jack it up, then add more blocks, then do the other side. Then jack it up and add more blocks under the front wheels till the front end was high enough to install a jackstand under the places I was using as a jack spot. Then the only way to get the wheels off was to CAREFULLY kick the blocks out from under the tires to allow the frame to "fall" onto the jackstands. In all actuality, the jackstands were already tight against the frame before I kicked the blocks out, but nerve wracking just the same.

I think today my goals is just to get the front clip off safely and get the headlights out. I'll start tackling the cracking open of the housings tomorrow, or even tonight if I get them out quickly enough.

But any tips on things that have to be disconnected to get the front clip of would be greatly appreciated! My How-To: should keep others from having to guess, and make it easier. Back to work... oh yea, I'm taking great photos.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Spudracer, we did not remove the wheels to remove the fender liner. Other than that you sound like you have it under control. As you can see from pics, we just used ramps. one other thing to be careful of is a bumper retainer on each side. they break easily if pull the bumper in the wrong direction. There are a couple of bolts/screws on each side that are hard to get to also.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
1. I had to pull off the wheels anyways... I have a set of Eiback Pro springs I need to install that I've had before I even received the car.

2. Front clip is off without breaking anything except cutting the plastic rivets. HOWEVER, I am now befuddled and at a standstill trying to get the bloody headlights off. I saw three mounting screws and figured "This is in the bag." Not so fast buckwheat... there's some sort of a metal post sticking out the back of the headlight assembly housing that APPEARS to be snapped into a plastic retainer of sorts. I have yanked as hard as I dare and it isn't popping off. Drink Coke, HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
After you remove the screws. Just pull. It is in a ball socket.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
I have the remote set up with my CCFL halos. It just turns them on and off. I chose the remote set up so that I wouldn't have to run a switch to the interior of the car. Have fun removing the front clip. It's not hard just time consuming. We have to remove it again since one of the CCFL halos cracked and we have to send it back to AAC.
Man, That looks really GREAT! Guess I'd have to either configure a relay to allow my turn signals to work but block the DRL or have the DRL disabled since they would not look right together IMO.

Nice Job - sorry you have to take it back apart. Are they really fragile or was it broken when you got it?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
They are really fragile. The LED halos are less likely to get damaged, but I like the CCFT halos better.

Headlights are out... will be cracking them open within the hour.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Starting a new thread for How To on the halos, working on it now, should be done in about 20-30 minutes...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts