Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I picked up some Oracle Halo lights from another member on here, and am seeing who's installed them?

First off, how difficult is it to remove the front? I know you need to cut some of the plastic rivets, are they the $8 mopar specific ones, or has anyone used the universal autozone ones?

It looks like I can either bake or cut the headlights, I'm leaning towards cutting. I've read that our lights not only have glue, but a lip that needs to get soft and is a giant PITA to pull apart. What are you using to seal them back up? Epoxy like JB Weld, RTV sealant, amazing goop, or something else? What about on the fog lights?

What has everyone done for wiring?

I'm thinking about tapping into some dash power, or hear that the #5 fuse is also ignition controlled. Has anyone installed an on/off/on switch, so you can have them come on with ignition, turn off, or turn on when the car is off? I have a bunch of my Jeep lights wired that way, but would have to find a place to mount the switch.

Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just finished installing the Diode Dynamics rbg boards in my 16 Chally, and I would definitely recommend going the oven opening process, I'm not sure what year light you have, but 14 and lower are fairly easy to do, (Although I recommend you have a large variety of plastic trim tools and screwdrivers to work the seal loose) you you just have to have some patience, the 15 and up lights are a little more challenging as they have the outer lip seal and the sear around the cold air intake hole, but either can be done! I defiantly wouldn't recommend cutting, unless you really don't feel confident you can open them. I used black silicone sealant made by DAP at home depot, (basically the same stuff as oem) and they sealed up perfectly.

Wiring for me I just wired straight to power with a fuse splice. I did a current draw on the Bluetooth controller from my kit and it draws .005 amps, so it would take a few week for it to drain the battery when the lights are off.

Also, this video is very helpful!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...=iv&src_vid=qrly_zJHRBs&v=iIXwKxuf6_Y#t=15.7s

I also couldn't resist getting pics of the light the next day haha https://imgur.com/a/jOY1I

1 - 3 of 3 Posts