Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I bought a 2018 Challenger SXT Plus back in December, I love the car. There is one issue though.

When I first got it, it was suppose to come with HID lights. One of them was, but the other was a halogen. I noticed also that the actual white LED halos did not match, the one on the driver side was slightly purple, where as the other is white. I figured maybe its a different with the HID and Halogen projectors. Well they fixed it and both of the lights are HID, but the halo is still purple on the one side.

Here is a picture, the camera doesn't pick it up well but you can see the left side is brighter.

I was curious if any of you know what could be causing it, i'm guessing it's something electrical since it still happens after the light was replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I did take into the dealer. They had it in for a few hours and called me saying there isn't anything they can do.

They said they pulled in other challengers from the lot and some of them had the same, as well as some were on opposite sides. They called Chrysler and I guess that they said the halos are built at different times and wont ever be the same. So the dealer said they can't do anything.

To me sounds like an excuse because every challenger Ive seen that isn't mine looks normal..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts