Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, thanks for the add.

I have red rings around my headlights that stays on all the time. Is this called the halo lights?

The problem started when the battery drained down and did not have enough juice to start it. I put a charger on it so I could start it. That is when the problem started. The headlights will go off but the red rings around them stay lit.

I have locked and unlocked the doors but that did not help. I have shut hood and that has not helped. I have a trickle charger on it now because the lights are still on.

Anyone else have this problem or would have suggestions? TIA, Don

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like someone installed aftermarket halos. You might want to trace the wiring to see if it is on a separate switch or they are usually controlled with a remote.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I agree with C.T. Can you post a close-up pic. of those lights? Thinking you might have "Nasty Rings" on there.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I agree with the above posts.

What year is your car? If they are Nasty Ringz, you should have a switch or remote control for them.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Did you just buy the car? If so, did you look in the glovebox, center console, overhead console and door pockets to see if you could find a remote? If no remove, look at the passenger side headlamp connector for non-factory wiring and follow it...it might lead to the underhood fuse box. Load some pics of wiring/fuse box so we can see what's up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they not stock ? Got the car back in August. Will get back to you in a couple of days with pictures. Thanks

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
did they work ok b4 the battery died ?? if so your battery might be bad .... dodge vehicles go wacky when the batteries start going and weird things happen try replacing the battery with a good one and see what happens .

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Are they not stock ? Got the car back in August. Will get back to you in a couple of days with pictures. Thanks
It is not stock as it is against the law for a vehicle to have red lights in the front. Usually folks put in a different LED boards in the headlamp assembly which is done by opening the headlamp assembly (requires front clip remove).

Here is a link showing what is replaced and possibly what to look for in terms of wires.

·
Registered
47 Posts
did they work ok b4 the battery died ?? if so your battery might be bad .... dodge vehicles go wacky when the batteries start going and weird things happen try replacing the battery with a good one and see what happens .
^ This... My Corvette had similar issues when the battery was shot.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Yep, looks like Diode Dynamics. Lucky you, they're a quality product. When you find the controller, you should be able to change the color no problem.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
If you don't have the remote...you should be able to remove power to the driver to prevent the lights from staying on. You might be able to get a new remote from DD in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations on the ride! You'll get these little details sorted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts