Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone install the LED switchback boards from Diode Dynamics on a 2015?

https://www.diodedynamics.com/2015-2017-dodge-challenger-switchback-drl-led-boards.html

The instructions only show how to mount the boards once the light assembly is removed and split open, no mention of wiring. The site shows an install PDF but the link is broken. There is a small sheet in the box that basically shows how to mount the board but no mention of wiring or what each wire does. I know they recommend professional installation but their instructions leave much to desire for a DIY'er. I found vids that show how to take the light assembly out (also have a '15 service manual that details how). But what I need is the wiring (i.e. where to tap the red, white & yellow leads?). I can figure out on my own but would be so much easier if there were more instructions. Anyone install these and can you share how you wired up?

Or is just simply match the wires to the OEM ones like this thread suggests?
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/2015-drl-led-boards-419090/?419090=#post5722434

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah, they do provide the wiring info. Don't know how I missed it as it's in a small table on page 2 of the little sheet they provide (my bad). BTW these LED are freaking blinding!!!

DD wire | Pin | Driver wire | Passenger wire
--------------------------------------------------------------
White |sidemarker | wht/pnk | tan/pnk
Red | parking | wht/brn | wht/lt blu
Yellow | turn | wht/gry | wht/gry

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Those look nice. Let us know how it goes. The cost isn't much, but I don't want to put 6 hours of labor into it either, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look nice. Let us know how it goes. The cost isn't much, but I don't want to put 6 hours of labor into it either, if you know what I mean.
It is definitely a labor intensive project which is perfect for this time of year as I think I won't be driving the car until spring of next year. Going to start it during my thanksgiving break. Next will be headers but need to build up the slush fund. I will take pics of the install so I can put together a write-up.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well I guess I'll give a follow-up. Had these installed on my 2015 and the wiring that DD has listed in their instructions does not work...at least on a 2015. If you wire it as they have it listed, the front side marker lights (and the corresponding white halo) will intermittently turn on and off. I thought by clipping the side marker feed (white wire on the DD switchback) would resolve it but nope, still does it. What I don't understand is that after clipping the sidemarker line the operation of the halos was unaffect (i.e. worked exactly the same as when the line was connected). I am done farting with the F'ing lights and will switch back to stock. A lot of work and money for nutin! They recommend running relays but screw that. Fortunately I have my front clip off at the moment for some other mods but I hate prying open the headlights and resealing with butyl rope! Maybe I can solder orange DD LED in place of the factory white LED.

FYI - here is the original post when I initially installed the switchbacks.

https://www.challengertalk.com/foru...-boards-installed-620329/?620329=#post7923321

1 - 5 of 5 Posts