Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've got an 11" Rallye, and have always loved Halos on other vehicles. After driving down to Florida and back home (to Tennessee) I seen some Challengers with halos and became intrigued with doing my own. So after some research, and ordering some I'm proud to say I've got the halos I have wanted and I must say they look great!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,959 Posts
Looking good :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Here's a few still pics. Mine are LED Concepts. I had a local dealer install them.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How was the install?
I did not cut or bake my lenses. I simply put a bead of rvt clear in the opening hole of the cover tube around the LEDs. Both sides of each halo, then I cut some 3m double sided and applied adhesive promotion on to the lenses (car lenses). Stuck them on and wired them up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
I got them too.

. On the 2015 and up Challengers, you can mount them outside if you go with a certain non-supporting vendor here. So no need to open the headlight buckets. There are different modes of flashing for car shows, then you can decide to go with one solid color too. It comes with a remote. It's pretty awesome!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,709 Posts
We have Nasty Ringz on Ruby and they are Really fun! I found myself in the garage during the winter just messing with the colors and patterns that they do (tons of colors and 200 patterns). They fit good and were easy to install. They took me about 15 minutes to mount on the bezels and about 45 minutes to wire. It took me that long to wire them because I am anal about not seeing the wires and also the controller box, so I had some pieces to remove to find the right spot.

They mount on the outside so there is no need to take the light apart and ours are controlled by Bluetooth. I can turn them on and off from a smartphone, tablet, whatever has BT.

If I'm not mistaken, they are the same ones that MEKrunner has on his Challenger too, but I could be wrong.

The next step for Ruby is to install a Painless auxiliary fuse block and wire up some led's to the hood scoop (zone 1), upper and lower grilles (zone 2) and some underhood lighting (zone 3) that works both on a pin switch and Bluetooth. Each can be any color that I choose and on or off when I choose. It should be pretty neat when I'm done (I hope :D) and be pretty neat at a cruise night.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
We have Nasty Ringz on Ruby and they are Really fun! I found myself in the garage during the winter just messing with the colors and patterns that they do (tons of colors and 200 patterns). They fit good and were easy to install. They took me about 15 minutes to mount on the bezels and about 45 minutes to wire. It took me that long to wire them because I am anal about not seeing the wires and also the controller box, so I had some pieces to remove to find the right spot.

They mount on the outside so there is no need to take the light apart and ours are controlled by Bluetooth. I can turn them on and off from a smartphone, tablet, whatever has BT.

If I'm not mistaken, they are the same ones that MEKrunner has on his Challenger too, but I could be wrong.

The next step for Ruby is to install a Painless auxiliary fuse block and wire up some led's to the hood scoop (zone 1), upper and lower grilles (zone 2) and some underhood lighting (zone 3) that works both on a pin switch and Bluetooth. Each can be any color that I choose and on or off when I choose. It should be pretty neat when I'm done (I hope :D) and be pretty neat at a cruise night.
How do they look mounted when the color is not on ? , photo ,,thanks

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,709 Posts
Sorry, not the greatest quality of picture, so I lightened it up a bit so that you could see them better. They fit right on the inside of the bezel against the front of the light. They attach with 3M double sided tape to the bezel, but don't attach to the headlight. They install easily and fit well if you just take your time.

You'd have a hard time seeing them when they're off if you didn't know what you were looking for.

Here a couple of pictures:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
These are my Nasty's. I had them painted body color on the inner and outer area, which was a nice option they offered.

Unlike FreddyG, mine has a remote control instead of the Bluetooth option. Let me tell you, these are fun to play with!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Sorry, not the greatest quality of picture, so I lightened it up a bit so that you could see them better. They fit right on the inside of the bezel against the front of the light. They attach with 3M double sided tape to the bezel, but don't attach to the headlight. They install easily and fit well if you just take your time.

You'd have a hard time seeing them when they're off if you didn't know what you were looking for.

Here a couple of pictures:
These are my Nasty's. I had them painted body color on the inner and outer area, which was a nice option they offered.

Unlike FreddyG, mine has a remote control instead of the Bluetooth option. Let me tell you, these are fun to play with!
Thanks Freddy G for the photos
Mekrunner thanks also ,how much longer did take on the order for color ?
Did you do the fog lights ?
Both look great

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been looking for some halos, and I know you have to pay to play, but MAN are the Nasty Ringz expensive. Are they THAT much better than the Oracle exterior mount ones?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts