Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on wheels and tires and the Hankook is my first choice in tire but I don't want it if its going to be worn out in 10,000 miles. Our car is a daily driver and most likely will never see the track.

So, those of you running the Ventus V12 EVO, what kind of mileage have you got or how many miles does it look like you will get out of a set?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody's running the Hankook?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far the only problem is the made in Korea stamped on the side

Yeah, thats hard to get around these days. Is there an American made tire that fits our cars?

I did manage to go with wheels made in the USA.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I have a few thousand on mine so far seem like a great tire

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm going to run these when it's time to change mine. I currently have the F1 Goodyears on the car now with 9800mi on them. I don't know anyone that has put more than 7500mi on their Hankooks yet but the people I've talked with all like them over the Goodyears so that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just blew through a set of Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110's. Love the tire! absolutely no issues with them - Front's (245\45) are still strong, but the rears (255\45) are toast after 20K miles. I didn't baby them or track them - there was one or two gratuitous two tire fires that took place - but they held up reasonable well - Oh and they were great in the rain! Going with a set of General grabbers in the rear next - 275\40\20. Also cutting a set of rims to 10" then will move the 275's on stock SRT8 rims to the front to go with 295's in the rear... Enjoy! If you choose the Hankook's you will not be disappointed. ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info, nickv. We ended up going with the Hankook and so far they're great.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Got about 5K miles on mine so far, and they seem to be holding up well. Very pleased so far.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you use Discount Tire give them the Tirerack price and they will definitely let you negotiate on the price. It's worth a few dollars... ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have had them for two summers now around 10,000 miles and 3 road course days and they are still in great shape. Great tire for the money!!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well.....July 1st and 2nd at Discount tire has any (ANY) 4 tires sale earning you a $100 rebate. I need tires on another car......probably going to get the Hankooks for the Eclipse tomorrow. I looked up the Tirerack price and for the same set of 4 it would be $50 higher that the rebated price from Discount.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I like the Hankooks because of the price. I've bought two sets so far. They only lasted around 10K miles, but that because I do use them at the track. I'm sure they'd last at least 25K or more under mostly street and highway use. However, I like the twisties so the edges wear out (just like any tire would). ... In short, no complaints.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use these on my 2011 RT, love these tires. They don't have as much friction so its harder to burn out compared to the stock tires but then again I have an automatic :D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
So you want to buy US made tires, when your car is assembled in Canada with 70% Canuck parts and your hemi is built in Mexico! Those original GY's make up the other 15% ???????

·
Registered
32 Posts
So Lashlarue - your point is? The question is about a Hankook tires not where it's manufactured. I'd like to buy all American - but as you stated that's not possible.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I was responding to the two postings that mentioned that being made in Korea was not a good thing.Especially since some so called rice burners, Toyota for example are 90% US made.Not all, but some!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts