Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 18 Mustangs and a Shelby in the garage, I'm looking to trade it in for a shaker if I can get one from my dealer. The Challenger was my first love when i was a kid. My neighbor had one on the street under a tree for several years just sitting there rotting and i swore i would get one one day. Well I think it's time. I have had many cars in the past year and a half and I just have a sickness for cars. I'm having a hard choice if I can get my hands on a shaker with color choice. Either the Billet or White. Now I had a 14 SRT Grand Cherokee in Billet but I think that color has a different look on a muscle car than a Jeep. I know it's kinda a dumb question but I would like some opinions. I will find out today if things will work out. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Best of luck, you'll love the Challenger! Mustangs are a blast in their own way, but they don't have the functionality that Challenger has (usable back seat, trunk, etc). That being said, a Challenger isn't as practical as a Grand Cherokee, either.

We have a '14 Grand Cherokee Limited (5.7L) and it feels fast as sh!t for an SUV, can't imagine how well the SRT moves.

Keep us updated...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I've gone back and forth between those two colors myself. The billet is definitely a muscle car color, but the white looks killer too. My vote would be billet though...its just perfect for these cars.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
My first Challenger was a Bright White.

My only comment regarding Challengers in light colors is this: the Challenger is a HUGE car, and light colors make it look REALLY big.

Now, that can be a good or a bad thing, depending on your preference. But either way, it is going to make the car look huge.

Just my two pesos...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Go for whatever you like. It's your car; you're the one that's going to be walking to/away from it, and you'll be making the payments. It has to be what you like.

I'd skip white though, just personal preference. I'd end up washing it twice a week, no time for that!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Best of luck, you'll love the Challenger! Mustangs are a blast in their own way, but they don't have the functionality that Challenger has (usable back seat, trunk, etc). That being said, a Challenger isn't as practical as a Grand Cherokee, either.

We have a '14 Grand Cherokee Limited (5.7L) and it feels fast as sh!t for an SUV, can't imagine how well the SRT moves.

Keep us updated...
You really nailed it with this post. Couldn't agree more:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I'd like to add one thing here. If you are used to a Shelby and a SRT Grand Cherokee, I'd recommend you going with an SRT instead of a Shaker. It might feel under powered compared to your current/ex cars.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That's a good point. The Shelby & SRT GC are both monsters of vehicles; the 5.7 in the Shaker not so much. It's a strong, powerful engine, but nothing compared to the others.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'd like to add one thing here. If you are used to a Shelby and a SRT Grand Cherokee, I'd recommend you going with an SRT instead of a Shaker. It might feel under powered compared to your current/ex cars.
Why not a Scat Pack Shaker? Same 392 motor as the SRT.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Why not a Scat Pack Shaker? Same 392 motor as the SRT.
The OP mentioned he was getting a "Shaker" which is a 5.7L limited numbers Challenger built for '14 only. He didn't mention anything about a Scat Pack Shaker or anything about the '15 Challengers. I don't think anyone could go wrong with a Scat Pack Shaker though:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
It's not currently available in any trim. I am one unhappy customer because my 2015 R/T will be Sublime in color but with no Shaker. My dealer says orders for the Shaker will open in January. He got this info from his factory Rep. I did get the pearl leather with black trim, the 6 speed manual and any other option available. I will look exactly like this or they can keep it. My order went in yesterday and may not be picked up by the factory until August 7th. All July allocations have been filled. Mine will be an August allocation. I'm really happy with the look but I did want a Shaker. The big question is: Will Sublime still be available for order when the order banks open for the Shaker?

My car should look exactly like this:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts