Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger rt
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 challenger rt w/manual and recently it's hard to shift into reverse or doesn't go in smoothly. i have to shift into 1 or anygear and then shift into reverse and Sometime it work fine though. Does anyone have same problem ? i don't think it's normal for a new car w/ 20,000 miles. I took it to dealer last week and the service rep told me there's nothing wrong with it He said he tried 20 times and it worked fine. Wondering if anyone can help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I bought my Challenger new and never had any problems shifting into reverse. If the shift pattern is different from your old car, maybe it just takes some getting used to. :)

·
Registered
2010 Challenger rt
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reverse gear

I bought my Challenger new and never had any problems shifting into reverse. If the shift pattern is different from your old car, maybe it just takes some getting used to. :)
Thanks for the reply. I guess i need to get used to shifting to 1st or 3rd and then reverse or something. Still don't think it's normal for one year old car though.

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
Reverse should be very easy to shift into - it has syncros on that gear (not common in many transmissions).

I'd suspect the reverse inhibitor solenoid might not be working properly or sticking.

PS: if the car is rolling or ignition off, its very hard to get into Reverse. Ignition on or engine running, should be easy to shift into.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger rt
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reverse gear

Thanks again for the info. I didn't know this car has synchronized reverse gear. Anyway i always start the engine and let it run for a minute or two before shifting into reverse or 1st. Maybe i should take it back to the dealer again even though they keep saying there is nothing wrong with reverse gear. I don't know if they just didn't feel like fixing it or trying to wait until warranty expires or Somehow everything worked ok while my car was in dealer for couple of days. Also, i was wondering if reverse inhibitor solenoid or any other part is not working, would it be covered by basic warranty ?

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
It should be - if there's any issues with the transmission internals, the powertrain warranty would take care of that.

The 36mos / 36k bumper-to bumper coverage should address most issues for component failures or defects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts