Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;

I have the HK sound package. I was wondering what type of speakers are in the side panel behind the seats? Are they tweeters or a 3-1/2"? I have a set of MB Quart QS216 Components: Two: 6-1/2 woofers, 2" Tweeters, along with crossover boxes. I was thinking of putting the tweeters in the side panels and the woofers in the rear deck. Maybe the crossovers under the rear seat.

Anybody here do this, or something similar?

Thanks in advance,
Carcass

·
Super Moderator
15,099 Posts
In the rear shelf, I imagine those are 3-way 6 1/2" speakers.

In the doors, those are likely the common Chrysler size of 6" x 9" 3-ways as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Hal.
I need to be more clear. The speakers I'm talking about are in the side panels in the back seat area. Just above the armrests. There are 3" grills there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

yes i believe those are 3 1/2 's

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
how does the Harmon system sound...i ordered that on my 2014 skaker...and have since heard some negative comments..

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
how does the Harmon system sound...i ordered that on my 2014 skaker...and have since heard some negative comments..

I have the 12 speaker HK system in my 2013 and in most ways it sounds really good, when you crank it up you literally can't hear the motor or feel the car while driving, all you feel is the music which isn't the best when your trying to have a little fun slamming thru the 6 gears of the Tremec.
So most of The time I don't even have it turned on because I would much rather listen to and feel the motor and hit those shifts just right.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the 12 speaker HK system in my 2013 and in most ways it sounds really good, when you crank it up you literally can't hear the motor or feel the car while driving, all you feel is the music which isn't the best when your trying to have a little fun slamming thru the 6 gears of the Tremec.
So most of The time I don't even have it turned on because I would much rather listen to and feel the motor and hit those shifts just right.

I do the same thing especially after the Hurst short throw install. My favorite tune is Borla!

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I have the HK. its OK at best. But... I am pretty picky and my previous car had an aftermarket stereo that was just plain awesome. I think its better than SG ll but not as good as aftermarket. Go put an exhaust system on your car, stereo will be off and HEMI will be on. That's real music

1 - 10 of 10 Posts