Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never used them before.
They are offering me a decent price to buy my car outright...not trading... just selling.
Hoping someone here has had dealings with them and could share their experience.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,876 Posts
They are offering me a decent price to buy my car outright...not trading... just selling.
Hoping someone here has had dealings with them and could share their experience.
My brother recently sold his truck to Carvana. It was a pretty good price if you don't feel like waiting and selling used to someone else. He said it was a quick in and out and they paid off the remainder of the loan and wrote him a check for the difference in about 45min.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Visit www.kbb.com and www.nada.com and put in your car's numbers and see what trade in/whole sale and private sale and retail sale numbers come up and how what you are being offered compares.

I have never used Carvana but I had two cars appraised with the idea of selling them to CarMax. A 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo and a 2 month old 2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack. The process was pretty painless. The CarMax employ drove the Turbo but not very much -- and not very well being it was a manual and I suspect he had little time in a manual car. I offered to demo the car to him if he had any doubts but he said he didn't. Received an offer which was a few $K lower than I believed the car was worth. I ended up selling the car to a dealer for more money.

The Scat Pack the CarMax employee didn't bother to test drive the car. It was just 2 months old and had just over 2K miles on it. I had had the oil changed at around the 1K mile mark. Tires, brakes, just everything like new.

The offer came to $33K. I ended up trading the car in for a Hellcat but used that $33K as a reference.

Oh, the offer was good for 7 days. The check gets made out there and one signs the title and leaves with the check is the way the process was described to me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sorry but I have not sold or used Carvana, so this post may not help you,
I sold a 2012 Infiniti QX56, to CarMax. Painless, Got exactly what I wanted. It was four years old, low miles, only 21K miles and not a scratch on it. They were happy to get it. Black sells well on a big vehicle and they felt they could move it quickly. It ran good too. Had that Nissan 5.6 V8, 429 ft lbs of torque and 400HP. It would roll down the highway, 7 speed transmission.
It was good, Insurance on that thing was outrageous !
Have a good one

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shopped Carmax in the past and I thought they were at least $2K to low, both times.

I looked at KBB and at NADA. Carvana's online offer (they havn't seen the car yet) is right in the ball park w/KBB and NADA's top trade.

I got this idea of selling to Carvana from reading a thread on another Challenger/Hellcat site. Person selling had positive things to say. I'm not a member there. I was just scoping it out, so I couldn't ask questions.

Thanks to all for the help.
I may drive to the nearest location on Sat. I'll tell/share how it went.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I shopped Carmax in the past and I thought they were at least $2K to low, both times.

I looked at KBB and at NADA. Carvana's online offer (they havn't seen the car yet) is right in the ball park w/KBB and NADA's top trade.

I got this idea of selling to Carvana from reading a thread on another Challenger/Hellcat site. Person selling had positive things to say. I'm not a member there. I was just scoping it out, so I couldn't ask questions.
Thanks to all for the help.
I may drive to the nearest location on Sat. I'll tell/share how it went.

yes please do tell us how it goes. I had tried selling on Cars.com, waste -o -Time. I had some call me about the QX-56 all were really low-ball offers, no where near what the vehicle was worth and I was pricing on the lower side, cause I needed to sell it. It had been paid for so I had the title.24 K miles 4 years old, no scratches.

Then I had the guys from Nigeria wanting to buy it and ship it over there. Then some guy from Guadalajara, that wanted it and scared the carp out of me!
I took it to Carmax the next weekend ! Closed the ad on Cars .com. No Mas !
Good luck !
Have a good one.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
Lol, you had quite the adventure!

A Guy

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not let the BOSS go yet.

Going to wait until after the Holiday week end. I also would like to see the 2020 model year info first.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
146 Posts
I’ve sold 3 cars to Carvana. It’s been a great experience every time. Trade in values are close to private party. I think the entire process took a total of 5 minutes. Much safer than Craigslist and their customer service is also great.

That being said the prices they sell their cars for aren’t as compelling, hence I’ve never bought from them. Their good cars seem to be purchased within minutes of them posting on their site.

·
Registered
225 Posts
And a word of caution. When searching for a car, don't sign up for 'tru-car' They have to be the absolute worst.

All they do is just forward your phone number and email address to dealers who spam you, and call you forever.
tru-car will not remove you name, email address, or phone number either. Best you can do is go into your new made account and re-enter in bogus email address and number to stop the spam.

if you have a burner phone number , use that !
Change your name up also, so you don't get that sold around.
They are bad in my opinion. Nothing to do with helping anyone find a car.
very bad.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
+2 on Truecar

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve sold 3 cars to Carvana. It’s been a great experience every time. Trade in values are close to private party. I think the entire process took a total of 5 minutes. Much safer than Craigslist and their customer service is also great.

That being said the prices they sell their cars for aren’t as compelling, hence I’ve never bought from them. Their good cars seem to be purchased within minutes of them posting on their site.
Did you do the transactions at their physical location or did you have the Carvana flatbed come pick them up?
If using pick up, was there an additional charge?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Carvana picked up my daughter's Jeep last week. They paid $2,000 more than she was offered in trade when buying her new car. She got very top end of KBB trade-in value. All Carvana did was drive her Jeep a few houses down then turned around & loaded it up. No hassles.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for all the reply's.

I ran the quote again and now its $1,000 less than last months offer.
Understandable, considering its close to end of season hear in the N. East.

I gambled/waited for 2020 info to be released. Oh well, you snooze, you lose.
Its looking like I will hold onto my BOSS for a while longer.

Its probably gonna take a 426 to become available OR an absolutely killer deal on a used Hellcat, to get me out of it now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts