Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody noticed ANY increase in performance after installing a BT catch can?

With only a 91 octane tune I'm running consistent [email protected].0-110.0 in the 1/4 without heating up the tires & no wheelspin takeoffs by only launching at 2,000rpms then easing into the gas.

I only ran 1 ¼ mile run with the catch can installed & did a [email protected] with the same 2,000 rpm no wheel spin launch. Did the catch can help? I don’t know but that is my best time yet!

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts
A catch can will not give you a boost in hp. It only prevents you from losing hp due to oil deposits.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
More a long term preventative measure. Do I hear the "cc is useless" brigade coming? They always tend to show up for these threads.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A catch can will not give you a boost in hp. It only prevents you from losing hp due to oil deposits.
So not losing as much is like a boost. I need to get more runs in & the difference is ~.1sec so it may mean nothing. The more I drive my SRT8 the faster it gets. I'm at 4,800 miles now and it's already faster than I expected but not near as fast as what I want :icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
These cars tend to get better as the loose nut behind the wheel gets tighter! :big thumb:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
no but in the long run, less fouling.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Won't necessarily give you more HP but it will help reduce knock retard if you are running a custom or diablo tune. It's actually recommended by the folks over at Diablo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have found that by keeping the oil out of the intake tract the engine does not go into knock-retard and can make more power. Quite a bit of oil gets "pulled" through into the intake.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I noticed after I put one on my Charger that the idle smoothed up quite a bit. Since I was catching about 2/3 of a full can every 3-4000 miles, I can see why.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts