Dodge Challenger Forum banner
201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
My car arrived!!!!!!!!! 😱😱😱

I drove past my dealership this morning and saw a red Challenger parked outside in the back and didn't think much of it. Lol later during the day I got a call from my salesman saying "hey man, your car arrived". I was like, "that red one outside is mine??!!" Lol.

I can't believe the delivery time!! It was just in framing only 2 weeks ago I was expecting a January delivery.
I put a rush on. It. Your welcome.lol. i also.put a. Rush on sullys. You win some you lose.some...... In all.seriousness enjoy the challenger. So.much diffrent than a.mustang there both great cars

·
Registered
2021 Challenger 392 Scat Pack TorRed M6
46 Posts
I wish I could keep my Mustang. If I was rich and lived in a bigger house with a bigger garage I'd definitely would. But my aunt is not gonna move her Porsche out of the garage for both my cars.

#firstworldproblems

I just hope after I trade in my 'Stang it goes to a good owner. I put in a lot of work into keeping it pristine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,904 Posts
Congrats (y)

A Guy

Reactions: FitSoldier

·
Registered
46 Posts
I talked to my dealership GM today when I went in to get some paperwork done and see my car. He said they have 4 other orders for 392 Challengers and none of them are built yet. He was surprised I got mine this quick it seemed to be like a lottery draw.

I thought maybe my car had very little options which was why my car got built so quickly but the GM said he has orders similar to mine (lightly optioned) so it isn't that.

Several customers inquired about my vehicle today too lol. Didn't notice the window sticker with my name on it.

I forgot to take pictures when I was there because I was too in the moment. But the interior is nice even with no options at all. I still get the SRT performance pages!! And rain-sensing windshield wipers lol. And GOSH that manual transmission 😍.....first time in my life I touched one in a Challenger.

·
Registered
16,893 Posts
Will you be doing anything to prevent drilling holes in your bumper?

If so what?
If you can be there when the car comes in, take the plate mount out of the trunk.

Then write Do Not Drill on some blue painters tape with a Sharpie and tape it to the front bumper.

Other than that, talk to your salesman and pray.

Those techs grab that drill out of habit so it still can happen. They even drilled the bumpers of several Demons, hard to believe how stupid some of these guys are.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
24 AUG 2021: Order placed
16 OCT 2021: VIN assigned
29 NOV 2021: Framing
15 DEC 2021: Vehicle arrived at dealership.
18 DEC 2021: Stung 🐝

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

I'm really going to miss my Mustang GT. That was technically my first car. Night before picking up the 392, I had to clear my personal effects out of the glove box in the Mustang and reconnect the battery to turn it in to the dealership...... I ended up sitting in that car alone for almost 15 minutes and contemplated my decisions lol. Had a lot of memories in the horse. Really hope she goes to a good owner.
I told the salesman to contact me once they've sold the Mustang so I can come and talk to the new owner. About as much as I could do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
24 AUG 2021: Order placed
16 OCT 2021: VIN assigned
29 NOV 2021: Framing
15 DEC 2021: Vehicle arrived at dealership.
18 DEC 2021: Stung 🐝

View attachment 1038806

I'm really going to miss my Mustang GT. That was technically my first car. Night before picking up the 392, I had to clear my personal effects out of the glove box in the Mustang and reconnect the battery to turn it in to the dealership...... I ended up sitting in that car alone for almost 15 minutes and contemplated my decisions lol. Had a lot of memories in the horse. Really hope she goes to a good owner.
I told the salesman to contact me once they've sold the Mustang so I can come and talk to the new owner. About as much as I could do.
Glad to see you got your new car. Still doing better than me, I ordered mine back in April 30 and just 2 weeks ago I got My VIN number which is telling me it will be a 2022 car once I get it. Thats fine with me as its time to park it anyways. So hoping to have in sometime in the spring. Once you can get that car outside give us some good pics of it all cleaned up too. Looks great though

·
Registered
40 Posts
Glad to see you got your new car. Still doing better than me, I ordered mine back in April 30 and just 2 weeks ago I got My VIN number which is telling me it will be a 2022 car once I get it. Thats fine with me as its time to park it anyways. So hoping to have in sometime in the spring. Once you can get that car outside give us some good pics of it all cleaned up too. Looks great though
With so many waiting so long, I actually feel lucky to have received mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah I'll have to pick a dry day to go to the touchless car wash...... Trust me it pissed me off so much the first day this car gets driven it's through the snow. Newmarket was dry ALL week it just HAD to snow on the day I pick up my vehicle lol.

I'm gonna get the car sprayed for rust-proofing some time in March/early Spring when it comes out of storage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered a 392 T/A on Aug 03rd 2021 in BC. No updates from the dealer yet other than them saying production starts up of the 2022’s mid Jan. Honestly thinking it’ll be close to a year before it arrives. Very frustrating.

201 - 220 of 231 Posts