Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...we ordered our wide body hellcat on Jan 4th and it arrived at rail yard on Tuesday...waiting for it to show up at dealership...but was informed that it was transferred to a subsidiary of the rail transport for "cleaning"...when pressed further, Autoexcel replied to dealer that" Per Chrysler, the hellcats have to be cleaned both interior and exterior before we deliver them to the dealer"...Has anyone in the know heard of this "policy"????? sounds like a lot of crap to me...

Any info would be appreciated!

Tony

·
Registered
959 Posts
Weird. I specially instructed the dealer that my car (2018 Scat Pack) was not be cleaned and that absolutely no detailing products be used on any part of the car.

I wonder if "cleaned" means a top down inspection for shipping damage.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
If true, it's something new.

My 16 came in ok but my 14 had rail dust on the front bumper and rail dust orange mud on the carpet, both seats and driver side door panel.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
When cars are delivered to our dealership, they usually show up filthy and covered with slop, bug splats, etc. But we haven't got a Hellcat widebody yet. I've never heard of this, but I don't know. I'm also in Canada so things might be done a little different.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nope.. Took delivery of my WB a month ago and told the dealer this which they agreed..
A couple important things when the Challenger arrives.

1- please do not do dealer prep, I will drive it home and it will get dirty. Please leave all interior plastic on and the splitter protector. I also want to take pics of the way it came from the factory
2- it would be great if it wasn't driven.
3- and most importantly, please do not install the front plate mount. I do not want the two holes in the bumper

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got an answer!

Was in touch with SRT customer care on Saturday..yes they are staffed on Saturday...and IT IS a policy of Chrysler to send only the high end cars ie, hellcats only to FENKIL for a total inspection and exterior cleaning before they are shipped out to the dealerships...

the contact number for them is 855-778-8326 .....they can access the car's info file and status and let you know whats going on...

our car is still being held hostage with no release date entered yet....its kinda strange that the car can travel 2000+ miles in a week or so but cant make a 30 mile trip to the dealership in a week..its been unloaded since noon on tuesday....if they are short handed over there I can go and wash the damn thing!

thanks for your replies!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
it's nice that the CAT's go to a special place to be inspected.
to bad they either do a crap job or the tolerances are wide.
have you ever notice after you get your prize home that the hood, trunk lid and doors are not aligned proper?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cancel that......a call to FENKIL this am..they havent done inspections of hellcats for Chrysler since last year....so who the hell knows whats going on...I climbed on SRT this am and waiting to hear what story they con****...this is really piss poor that one hand doesnt know what the other is doing or is supposed to do!!

Thank god this is our last hellcat purchase....

Will update once they get back to me

·
Registered
250 Posts
Subscribed... When I ordered my focus st I had the same thing happen! My car arrive on the mail yard then just disappeared...for 3 weeks!!! I dug and dig trying to find out where my car was and why for 3 weeks it hadn't shown up at my dealer. I ended up cancelling my order and got everything reversed and found another identical car that was ordered by another dealer that was on their showroom. I bought the second car and literally had over 1000 miles on my car when the original dealer called me and asked if I wanted to take delivery of my car because it showed up that day. This was literally 9 weeks after it mysteriously vanished.

After more digging I found that randomly they will grab a car off the rail yard for a QC inspection. This pretty much entails a crew of experts disassembling the car and reassembling it to ensure the line is running properly.

Hope this isn't the case with your HC. I can't imagine how stressed I'll be when I order mine, the focus was a $34k car and I was pissed.. let alone a widebody hc price point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Similar situation with mine. The dealer told me that ours had arrived at the El Mirage rail yard in AZ on Friday March 9th and that with these cars they need to send an inspector there to look the car over for damage and to clear it so that the dealer could take delivery. So that part is true. I was however, given the option of waiving the dealer cleaning and getting the car as-is with no dealer prep.

The sales guy said that the inspection would most likely be done Monday or Tuesday and that I would hear back from them when they took delivery. Come Thursday, March 15 my wife called the dealer asking the status, and yelled at them when she found out the car was still at the rail yard. Explained again to them that the credit application was expiring as of Sunday the 18th and they had better hurry up and deliver the car. Somehow that lit a fire under them and the car was delivered to the dealer the next day. Moral of the story is 1) make a lot of noise and 2)don't p.o my wife. :grin2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts