Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about going with the flowmaster super 40 catback system for my 392 and i am hoping someone can shed some light in the before and after department.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yes myself and Notsure have the Flowmaster American Thunders installed and they are awesome! Great sound and no drone so far.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I just spoke to a local Corsa dealer and he quoted me 1950 plus 50 for shipping on the exhaust. He also told me Dodge will be carrying this exhaust soon and will be charging 2300. Not sure 2k is worth it unless it's getting some decent hp gains.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I had my 392 IE exhaust fitted with Flowmaster 40'S. the resinators were removed and 40's installed. Sounds great and a positive gain in HP. Not sure of how much of an increase in Hp,but I can tell you that 2011 Mustang GT500 on YouTube took some whoopass from me. I beat him out the hole from a stand still and he never caught up. Then opened a can of whoopass on a Pontiac GTO, Camaro yet to be found.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dealer where I bought my 392 told me that it will cost me 750 bucks with install for the super 40's full cat back system. Honestly Zoomers sound the best in my opinion but is also way more pricey.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had my 392 IE exhaust fitted with Flowmaster 40'S. the resinators were removed and 40's installed. Sounds great and a positive gain in HP. Not sure of how much of an increase in Hp,but I can tell you that 2011 Mustang GT500 on YouTube took some whoopass from me. I beat him out the hole from a stand still and he never caught up. Then opened a can of whoopass on a Pontiac GTO, Camaro yet to be found.
Really, all you did was remove resonators and install the 40's. Maybe thats the rout I'll go instead of the full catback.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got my car scheduled to go into the custom exhaust shop tomorrow morning. The guy looked my car over and suggested removing the mid pipe muffler, installing a flowmaster in its place and running straight pipe from there out the back.
Is that what you're saying you did?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I looked at the zoomers also way to pricey along with corsa for what you get. For sound the Flowmasters IMHO win hands down. I am now having the same system installed on my 09 SRT also Friday. The dealer installed both the CORSA Extreme and Flowmasters on the 392's he has been receiving and by far in his opinon the flowmaster had the better sound. I will get a sound clip soon maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Since you have the auto, any bad drone driving around town? With ECO mode, I can tell when that kicks in with the stock exhaust, and gives me the impression that drone might be an issue when in ECO mode. There is definitely a different pitch in ECO mode.

Really wish could turn that off. If I wanted a car running on 4 cylinders, I would have bought a 4 banger!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Link to video?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I've used Blastin Bob's resonator eliminator kit on my previous Challengers and the sound was great. I'll be going that way again soon.

·
Registered
355 Posts
A couple IE owners in my area went with Corsa systems. One went with the Corsa Sport and the other the Corsa Extreme. Although better than stock by far, the Sport was a bit tame for my taste but the Extreme system was music to my ears plus without drone issues that can happen with that type of exhaust. A little pricey but I had Corsa systems on my other cars and like that they use the 304 stainless, so I went that way. Am thrilled with the result.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts