Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Bought a Mopar 10' rear strut brace from Mopar for my 2010 Challenger SE. Problem is there is NO directions and I'm a little confused on how the install goes? Has anyone installed this? If so, any advice or picture DIY that you could post up for the rest of the people on the forum to see?

Thanks!

:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Sir! Just read over your link and I'm still a bit confused. After taking a long look at how the brace looks in the new Mopar 10 I've got a better game plan for my install, but I'll hold out until I hear back from you on some directions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: I installed the Mopar made rear strut bar this afternoon. It took about 2 hours or a tad bit longer. I removed all the plastic anchors holding the side carpets on. I believe it was about 8 total on the sides (4 on the driver, 4 on the passenger) and 2 near the rear seats. Once you fold down the seats, you'll see them. I then removed the carpet, cut a hole in it and put the bar through the holes. Lined it up with the bolts on the strut towers (2 on each side) put the hardware on and boom!

I also had to bolt down the two front pieces of the strut bar to the rear passenger seats. One of the nut/bolt combo's held down the passenger seat and there was an empty bolt with no nut or washer on it. Luckly the kit came with a nut and washer so I secured it to the other side.

Put the carpet back into position, take the plastic anchors and re-insert them back into position and your finished. Again, since I scratched my head for about 30-35 minutes, It took 2 hour's for installation. If I did it again, me or anyone else out there to attempt this could do it in about 1 hour -maybe a tad more, a tad less-.

Hope this mini-tutorial helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Installed in my 2010 Dodge Challenger SE (Install date: 4-2-2011)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those directions are very detailed. This should help anyone who plans on doing this in the future. Because I was winging the install, I cut too much of the side carpet so at the end, I used a thin piece of black foam and contoured it to cover the holes. I put some velcro on the backs so I could remove it should I ever need to take apart the strut brace.

Anyone who plans on tackeling this, I bid you the best of luck.

Personally, I don't really feel a difference in my suspension, but I haven't really pushed the car too hard for 'noticeable' results.

ENJOY! :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
how much do the front and back usually run? i thought about getting those...as i have great plans after my SE is paid off

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
That looks sweet, nice job!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
So the folks getting the rear brace do a lot of road course racing? If not it seems to eat trunk space. I can see daily drivers getting the front as it does add to the look of the engine bay.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice! Happen to have the mopar part number on that bad boy?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ Hemi 370

Mopar Rear Strut Bar #: P5155751
Paid $419.95 + $34.91 for shipping (an eBay buy)

And for the other person who inquired about how much the front one cost me..

I don't have the part number for that on hand, but it cost me $299.44 + $19.91 for shipping (again, another eBay buy)

You may be able to get it for cheaper, you just have to be patient and don't get caught up in a bidding war. I doubt you'll see a difference with these installed unless your running coil overs and the Mopar Sway Bars. I have both the sway bars from mopar installed and the front and rear strut bars. I feel a SLIGHT difference, but I don't think that paying as much I did for the rear strut bar is justified. Shop around, or wait prices may go down.

Hopefully with KV2 Coil Overs and a lowered ride, I can finally have my 'perfect' suspension.

Thanks for keeping up with this thread!

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Strut Braces

I installed the Petty's front and rear strut braces the rear mounts just like the Mopar brace. The biggest hassle for me was removing all the truck carpet.

I bought replacement panels and bottom from a totaled "smashed" Challenger and used them.

That way when I go to sell the car I can remove the strut braces and put back in my original panels.
:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts