Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expected them to be showing up in dealerships by now, but haven't seen any pictures outside the car shows back in January.

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
there's a few factors with the Mopar '17 Challenger - essentially starts off with a Scat Pack Shaker

there's 80 each in the two color schemes offered, total of 160 and only in manual transmission
-Black / Billet Silver
-Black / Contusion Blue

the paint job that's unique to this model and the other Mopar items:
-Shaker front strut braces
-Hellcat style air catcher duct (rubber vs. the original design)
-Mopar logo seats

This has MSRP of $55.8k + destination charges.
So you're well into what an SRT 392 would prices (M6) with all the available options. If buyers decide the this take on the modified SPS is worth the extra $$$.

Or another way, is you're $10K under the starting price of a Hellcat without adding any options.

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
Seems like there's more Billet ones out there, here's a Blue one but they could have washed it first!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered a 2017 TWICE!
one was a bad experience but the second one turned me around and reminded me how good some Dodge dealers can be. While I only have 526 miles on my 2017 RT Scat Pack Octane Red, Ruby Red interior, manual transmission. I love the car, truly has plenty of git up and go and I get thumbs up every saturday when I take her out. I have yet to open her up all the way but from what I have seen so far I doubt she will disappoint. So far the only thing to complain about but seems to be a common item is the infamous UCONNECT, which I can still not get to work. then again I bought the car for the looks, power and the sweet sound it emits every time I shift gears.

If Dodge is your game and this will not be a daily driver, you have to go for the Manual 6 spd, its kinda like Xmas every sturdy for me.

If you want to read about my experience ordering my car the first time around look for my post from earlier this year.

Good Luck

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
Man I love how they did the 392 decal on the side. That looks really cool.
Its actually hand painted for the 392 call out - part of the package.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What are your thoughts on getting the mopar as a daily driver? It's a real beauty, but I know you're paying a bit of a premium for all the bells and whistles mopar adds... really cool though.

I just posted in the newbie introductions section where I also mentioned that I was thinking about getting one of these.

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
What are your thoughts on getting the mopar as a daily driver? It's a real beauty, but I know you're paying a bit of a premium for all the bells and whistles mopar adds... really cool though.

I just posted in the newbie introductions section where I also mentioned that I was thinking about getting one of these.
These cars are very sharp but not cheap and don't seem to hang on to their value based on their price. If you keep it for a while you will come out better, in the short term you will take a hit and daily driving it won't help. There was a Mopar 14 for sale a couple weeks back asking mid 20s, that's about regular R/T price and about half MSRP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
These cars are very sharp but not cheap and don't seem to hang on to their value based on their price. If you keep it for a while you will come out better, in the short term you will take a hit and daily driving it won't help. There was a Mopar 14 for sale a couple weeks back asking mid 20s, that's about regular R/T price and about half MSRP.

Thanks, @Slidd this is very helpful to know. I'm not the type of driver who gets a new car often, so I'm not too concerned about how it holds its value, just wanted to get a frame of reference for what to expect.

I'm currently still driving the same pickup truck I've had for 15 years and at a point where I want to get something gorgeous and fun to drive... will probably hold on to whatever I purchase for the next 15+ years also.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
There is no way you can own one of these cars and NOT want to drive it whenever you go out. Work or play or shopping. If you just want to get it for an investment, you're diminishing the reason you own one. IMHO. But to each their own.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I definitely plan on driving it, whichever way I go. Didn't mean to give the wrong impression.

My problem now is trying to actually find one of the mopars... One dealer said he could get one, but quoted the MSRP at $63k when I'm pretty sure all the press at the time of their rollout said MSRP was around $54. So I'm trying to find another one and see if they start lower.

Anyone have any leads or suggestions for tracking one down and getting a fair deal?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Contact Andy Bell from Brookfield Chrysler located in Benton Harbor, MI. They have a Mopar 17 coming in soon. He will be fair with you on price. His contact # 815-666-8387, you can tell him Terry sent you.

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
Chapman in PA is showing a blue one on cars.com asking $53.8 but don't see it one there website.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@ygbsm Here are some nice pictures from one I found in NJ: New 2017 Dodge Challenger R/T 392 For Sale | East Brunswick NJ Again, listing at $63k when MSRP is at $55k.

@cudacam I'd be curious to know what your local dealer was asking for theirs. Do you know/have a link?

@Slidd I couldn't find that chapman listing when I looked on Cars.com... Any chance you have a link? In addition to the one in NJ I linked to above, I also just stumbled upon this cars.com listing in Philly that has the wrong picture but seems to be a mopar based on the list price they're showing, so I emailed them.

So far the best deal seems to be the original dealer I spoke with a few days ago saying they could bring their $62k list price down to $55k (the original MSRP I've seen reported). I wonder if there's getting any lower than that if I can find an invoice and get them to use their incentives to come down from 55k instead of their inflated 62k.

I love the unique paint and special Mopar touches on this package, but I'm starting to consider just getting a regular 392 shaker with the dynamics package (that actually comes with the 6 piston breaks and wider wheels/tires that I like a little better) while keeping the price under $45k.

Sigh... decisions, decisions... (what would you guys do?)

·
Registered
460 Posts

If you live in the Philadelphia, PA area, you definitely DO NOT want one of these for a daily driver. You won't want to drive this car on snowy/icy roads! Buy an AWD version and you will be much happier and richer in the long run.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts