Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i will be putting some recently purchased SRT shortys and mids on my R/T in the spring and figured while they were off, i would clean em up and paint them.

has anyone tried this and what colors would you suggest? pics would be awesome.

thanks

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than high temp black id imagine everything else would flake off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
i was actually probably going to do just a flat black. didnt know what kind of prep i had to do and if there was any special kind of base coat or primer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If funds are available, I would Jet Hot ceramic coat them, its a ceramic that coats the inside as well as the outside and it looks awesome, you can choose colors from a polished metal finish to multiple colors and flat black. It will also run cooler and keep the engine bay temps down. It does not blue or turn different colors, its almost bullet proof.

Now is a good time if you already have them off the car, I knew a guy that did his exhaust manifolds (his were cast steel) look at the pic they looked like the left side and came out looking like the right side, they were the polished metal finished (if you have seen the new Ram 20" wheels or the Shaker wheelsit has the same finished look, like a polished aluminum with a clear coat) he did his about 10 years ago and the cost if I remember right was about $160 for both manifolds.

Go to their website and check it out.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts