Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my new 2014 challenger R/T classic for about 2 months, and while I love the car, I don't think the drivers seat is very comfortable at all. The lumbar support in the back really annoys me, as do the raised supports on the side of the bottom. I've tried adjusting and re-adjusting, but I think I'm jut really OCD about seat comfort.

I'm wondering if anyone else has these kind of comfort issues, and how you went about fixing them? I'm thinking about just getting an entirely new after market seat put in there, but I have no idea about where you would go to get that done. I'm looking for the most comfortable seat possible to sit on. Thanks for the tips!

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I have had my new 2014 challenger R/T classic for about 2 months, and while I love the car, I don't think the drivers seat is very comfortable at all. The lumbar support in the back really annoys me, as do the raised supports on the side of the bottom. I've tried adjusting and re-adjusting, but I think I'm jut really OCD about seat comfort.

I'm wondering if anyone else has these kind of comfort issues, and how you went about fixing them? I'm thinking about just getting an entirely new after market seat put in there, but I have no idea about where you would go to get that done. I'm looking for the most comfortable seat possible to sit on. Thanks for the tips!

I am adding as set of 2010 Viper seats to mine after the first of the year. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Having had both a recent vintage Viper and now the Challenger, I would say the Viper seats are more comfortable. Neither are that comfortable, though.

Here is a thought for the OP. I have taken many seats to a local auto upholstery shop to add/change/take out the foam in the seats to add comfort and after a little work they have been able to make the car a lot more comfortable. Try a local custom shop and you might be quite surprised at the results. Normally the cost is between $125-$200 for the work. Quite cheap IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts