Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I honked the horn on the challenger the other day and it sounds really weak. Has anyone put a different horn on and if so which one?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
replaced both horn with thr roadrunner horn.
How did you wire it? I had a Wolo Bad Boy that I loved on my previous car, but I don't remember how the guy wired it up...he had 4 wires....and some resistor thingy, Bad boy was about 2x loud as stock, very loud horn replacement, I'd LOVE to put one in the Challenger but not sure how to wire it :(

·
Registered
684 Posts
How did you wire it? I had a Wolo Bad Boy that I loved on my previous car, but I don't remember how the guy wired it up...he had 4 wires....and some resistor thingy, Bad boy was about 2x loud as stock, very loud horn replacement, I'd LOVE to put one in the Challenger but not sure how to wire it :(
You need to use a relay for the Wolo horn. The OEM horn contacts are not designed to carry the current for the air compressor on the Wolo horns. The kits have info and instructions on how to do it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I had a really bassy train type air horn on my old car about 37 years ago. The compressor died in a few months, but while it was working, it was a lot of fun. It was great being behind some dope poking along at half the speed limit, and blasting the horn and watching them jump. One guy ran up on the curb when I honked at him! There was just enough room in between the grill and radiator of my Cutlass to get the horns in there, with a little grinding of the grill. My dad got to ride in it a few times before he died and he thought it was the best thing ever. I had the button for it on the console, so the passenger and driver could work it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts