Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has done this and what you did to make the rest of the car handle this power increase. I am thinking this may be Toxic Bee part III!

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Cost and availability would be hard to overcome! Plus, with the R/T, suspension and brakes would need to be upgraded.
Could be done but probably mega-bucks, and that's if you could find one....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not a track racer or a hard-core dragster (though this motor may change the latter). I love my car's platform, but have always desired the unusual. This would be the ultimate sleeper. I am not an idiot and do realize that brake and suspension upgrades are needed. Anything worthwhile is not cheep. Challengers aren't cheep! I did get one hell of a good deal on mine. That being said, I could drop a little over 20k and still be cheaper than the sticker on a new SRT. Looking for some current engine swappers input. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
InfernAl from the LX forums installed one of those fancy aluminum block 426s in his 2010 Deep Water Blue R/T Classic. He was having some electrical issues at the LX Nationals (the wiring harness got zapped accidentally during installation) , but he still ran low 11s naturally aspirated. Engine sounded awesome.

Don't think he did any suspension or brake changes. That elephant is lighter than you might think because of the aluminum block. Looked beautiful under the hood.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I am not a track racer or a hard-core dragster (though this motor may change the latter). I love my car's platform, but have always desired the unusual. This would be the ultimate sleeper. I am not an idiot and do realize that brake and suspension upgrades are needed. Anything worthwhile is not cheep. Challengers aren't cheep! I did get one hell of a good deal on mine. That being said, I could drop a little over 20k and still be cheaper than the sticker on a new SRT. Looking for some current engine swappers input. :thumbsup:
My Gosh!! I certainly didn't mean to imply you were an idiot. If you took it that way, please accept my sincere apologies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts