Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this controller called the "pedal commander", which basically just gives you quicker throttle response. Has anyone here used it? what do you think of it?
Also, do you have to set it every time you start the car, or does it stay on the setting?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I just saw this controller called the "pedal commander", which basically just gives you quicker throttle response. Has anyone here used it? what do you think of it?
Also, do you have to set it every time you start the car, or does it stay on the setting?
Put one on 2 weeks ago . It’s awesome my RT plus is like a different car .
Easy install, and no it stays set until you turn it off ,
For the easy of the install and money IMO it is well worth it .Two members of our Mopar club
told me about it.
It’s also comes with Bluetooth to your phone
If you get one play with it on a back road first the highest settings are crazy , left a lot of tire marks , lol
I run sport 2 the highest is sport+ 4
Also if you go to the web site and use code Scat10 you get about $35.00 off

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I installed the pedal commander few months ago. It made a huge difference.
I have a 2015 R/T Plus Auto 8.

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,091 Posts
Sounds like "throttle boost" in my old Predator tuner. I keep it set to the max which is 20%. If it works like mine, it does make a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
There is eco, city, sport and sport+ 1234.
I drive in sport 2 ,the higher setting I used our back roads.

·
Super Moderator
13,847 Posts
I know that the Pedal Commander increases throttle sensitivity by bypassing the actuator but I heard of two negatives.

The first were faulty pedal commanders causing uncontrolled acceleration. The second was excessive gasoline usage in Sport Mode. Any truth to these reports?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I have seen no real significant difference in gas mileage.
I am old enough to remember the oil embargo so if I can by it iam good ,, lol
Been using PC since December no issues at all
And I drive with it in sport mode all the time
For sure the pedal is way more sensitive
Just a side note if you buy it on the web sit , and use code “Scat10”they took off $ 35.00

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I know that the Pedal Commander increases throttle sensitivity by bypassing the actuator but I heard of two negatives.
It's just a voltage modifier. Instead of a linear progression to 100% throttle, it tells the computer you're at 100% when you're at 30, 40, 50, etc, depending on the "mode".

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had mine for almost a year now and love it. I've not noticed any change in gas mileage either.

I have always subscribed to notion that mpg is mostly influenced by your driving habits.
If you stomp on the go pedal like a lunatic all the time, well then you have to pay for it.
cheers

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm interested in a pedal commander myslef. Not really for the "get to 100% faster" thing, but just for what feels like quicker throttle response period - throughout the pedal range. People say that it at least feels like the throttle reponds to your inputs faster. Whatever the exact reason, people seem to love it - and I'm interested in trying it out myself... I modified the "throttle map" (aka "driver demand" in GM terms) on my 2012 Impala with HPTuners and it definitely made the car more responsive and more fun to drive (as did some other changes including minor shift point changes, modifcations to the amount of torque management, etc)...

·
Registered
2 Posts
While I heard the pedal commander works, not many of us have $300 lying around. I installed the maxx boost throttle controller on my challenger. It was half the cost of pedal commander, drastically improved throttle response and was MUCH simpler to use. It is from the USA, while pedal commander is made in Turkey! It is also much cheaper than a tune. https://www.sawyertuning.com/?s=accelerator

1 - 12 of 12 Posts