Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
I weighed mine at challengerfest and it was 3,880 lbs. with me in the car. Don't know if I was off the scale a little bit but that sounds kind of light to me

·
Registered
266 Posts
My R/T weighed 3,925 lbs. at the track scales this summer modded as in my signature.

I call her 2 Tons of Fun! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
We in the jeep forum had the same thing on wt as far as where did they weight it at. Every1 that weighted at diff track came up with weight from 4600 to 5200 lbs. Now our shipping wt is 4697 and the curb wt is 4850 (this is with no options and full tank of gas). I weighted mine 2 times on NASCAR scales which is a 4 scale set up not just 1 scale. Mine in race trim was 4935 (1/4 tank gas) and with me it was 5190 lbs. I think the curb wt on a challenger is 4250.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Mine was 4210 at the track with 1/2 tank of fuel without me in it.

R/T 6 speed with a couple mods.

*****************************/challengerweb/challenger_events/beech_bend_10-30-10/images/challenger_beech_bend_10-30-10_01.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Speedy, did you weigh yourself in car also to verify your weght? I am concerned about the calibration of these scales. I haven't had an opportunity to weigh mine yet and being a stripped 27F stick it should be the lightest one available. Just curious. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
My car an RT with mod's in sig, 1/2 tank of gas, stock wheels and tires and no spare weight 4365 at Norwalk CC event with me in it. I weight 170. That's pretty close to what dodge claims.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Speedy, did you weigh yourself in car also to verify your weght? I am concerned about the calibration of these scales. I haven't had an opportunity to weigh mine yet and being a stripped 27F stick it should be the lightest one available. Just curious. Thanks!
I didn't do that but I will next season. That's a good suggestion.

I did have my car weighed at a local truck stop when it was bone stock without me in it and a full tank of fuel. It weighed 4140. I figure with the supercharger, and other parts I've added 4210 seems reasonable.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ya...that weight seems to be typical. I just would feel better if mine was 3,999 #'s. I seem to be attracted to the heaviest cars in the world. I owed a 1968 Caprice for 17 years (1st MUSCLE CAR). Factory Big Block, 4,240 factory stock. Got the weight down to 3,760 with full interior. I am just not going that route again! I will just have to deal with the weight. Make more power!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I did have my car weighed at a local truck stop when it was bone stock without me in it and a full tank of fuel. It weighed 4140. I figure with the supercharger, and other parts I've added 4210 seems reasonable.

[/QUOTE]
Here are a couple pics of the Caprice!

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Judging by how sore my arms and back are after lifting mine, I'd say she weighs a few hundred pounds shy of two tons.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I've not seen a Challenger with a HEMI below 4K lb's w/o stuff taken out of it. I've got to question the scale.

HemiSam

·
Registered
899 Posts
What do you think makes the difference in weight.....from 3800 to 4300
From the R/T to SRT its the Brembo's, exhaust and other add ons. On the flip side the V6 Challenger is actually a touch lighter than the V6 Camaro...around 3800lbs.

I am betting there is a big difference between the base cloth seats to the leather ones etc etc etc.

If you ever feel bad about your Challengers weight just remember that 1970/71 454 SS Chevelles weighed 4100 with no such option concerning safety, and a newer Mercedes SL Coupe can tip 4500 with a few options.

·
Registered
165 Posts
From the R/T to SRT its the Brembo's, exhaust and other add ons. On the flip side the V6 Challenger is actually a touch lighter than the V6 Camaro...around 3800lbs.

I am betting there is a big difference between the base cloth seats to the leather ones etc etc etc.

Nope, I've torn both down to almost every nut and bolt. Interiors are almost identical in weight. It's 100% in the drive train. Everything is so much smaller it's almost funny. But add in some of the niceties and it adds up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts