Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy sht....just saw one of the Mopar 392 Shaker cars...for a measely $13,000 (mopar package) you get:
$20 Mopar 392 sticker on side of car
Performance Seat????
an Air induction tube???
$500 Mopar strut brace
"performance paint"???

Am I mssing something here?....or is this the most ridiculous thing Dodge has ever put out...

Granted..its a nice looking car...but c'om man!

No brake upgrades....no wheel upgrades (the same hideous std wheels that come with the 392 Shaker)

·
Registered
50 Posts
What was the sticker price you were seeing on the Mopar?

FWIW the 392 is hand painted, along with the hood... but the MSRP on these in the press when they were released was $55-$56k, think I saw that on KBB too. However, every dealer I've seen with one lists the MSRP at $63k ...which, is just insane. They're obviously trying to profit from people wanting the "1 of 80" aspect to the limited anniversary edition.

I actually like this car a lot, but I'm waiting to see if any dealers come to their senses and bring them down to original MSRP + incentives. More realistically, I'm just going to get a scat pack and do these mods on my own... maybe even take it in for a custom paint job too, because I really love that two-tone look.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
The crazy person is not the one with the "asking price".........................it's the one who shells out the money! LOL

There's a lot of crazy out there.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
The last thing I'd want is hand painted anything on my car. No one can touch the factory when it comes to paint quality, at least in terms of adherence and durability.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
1 of 80 produced.......

·
Registered
50 Posts
Prices dropping on these

I just found one of these at a dealer with a list price of $48k. So I think they're already starting to realize that they're not going to be able to move these at their ridiculous markup of $63k.

I think we're starting to get into a fair price category for these... Honestly, if priced similarly to the other 392 Shakers I think it's a cool package. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 of 80 produced.......
Yeah.....thats what I was thinking (to a lesser extent)...when I bought my #196 of 2000 RT Shaker......20,000 Shakers later......and counting...

·
Registered
20 Posts
What was the sticker price you were seeing on the Mopar?

FWIW the 392 is hand painted, along with the hood... but the MSRP on these in the press when they were released was $55-$56k, think I saw that on KBB too. However, every dealer I've seen with one lists the MSRP at $63k ...which, is just insane. They're obviously trying to profit from people wanting the "1 of 80" aspect to the limited anniversary edition.

I actually like this car a lot, but I'm waiting to see if any dealers come to their senses and bring them down to original MSRP + incentives. More realistically, I'm just going to get a scat pack and do these mods on my own... maybe even take it in for a custom paint job too, because I really love that two-tone look.
It's not dealer markup.. there is one here locally, and the STICKER says MSRP $63k! You could get a Hellcat for less. Mind blowing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's not dealer markup.. there is one here locally, and the STICKER says MSRP $63k! You could get a Hellcat for less. Mind blowing.
It is mind blowing. Though my point--and maybe I'm not using the correct terminology--is that for all intent and purposes, I consider that "MSRP" to be "dealer markup" considering the fact that all of the press that covered the launch of the 2017 Mopar reported the MSRP as roughly $55k, which I assume they got from the Dodge press office.

A number of the dealers are using their incentives to mark it down to $55-57k like they're giving us some kind of deal, which they're not. I bet we see a few more of these marked down to the $45-49k range when it sets in that people know if they're going to spend 60k they should get a Hellcat, as you point out.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
What was it P.T. Barnum said about suckers?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is mind blowing. Though my point--and maybe I'm not using the correct terminology--is that for all intent and purposes, I consider that "MSRP" to be "dealer markup" considering the fact that all of the press that covered the launch of the 2017 Mopar reported the MSRP as roughly $55k, which I assume they got from the Dodge press office.

A number of the dealers are using their incentives to mark it down to $55-57k like they're giving us some kind of deal, which they're not. I bet we see a few more of these marked down to the $45-49k range when it sets in that people know if they're going to spend 60k they should get a Hellcat, as you point out.
You do realize that the dealers can print their own window stickers right? As always - buyer beware.
This wasn't the add-on markup sticker.. this was the manufacturer's sticker that lists standard equipment and options. This is what came from FCA.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
80 produced in each color, Billet or Contusion

No, it's not for your average Joe but they sell every one every time they offer these so obviously some thinks they are worth it.

This one a little more expensive because it's the first time a Mopar special edition has a 392.

Base MSRP is $55,790

$37,995 Scat Pack
$4,800 Scat Pack Shaker
$12,995 Mopar 17 Group

Add the $1,000 gas guzzler and $1,095 destination and cheapest Mopar 17 would be $57,885 total MSRP. You can still order the normal SPS on top of that, except Dynamics, so definitely could sticker in the mid $60's but all with vary with options.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
@Slidd what do you mean you can add SPS on top of that? What exactly would that add--I thought they already had SPS features.

I found one of these listed at $48k in Michigan but it looks like someone saw how much cheaper that was than all the other listings and got their hands on it... says it's been sold as of today. Sigh.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
@Slidd what do you mean you can add SPS on top of that? What exactly would that add--I thought they already had SPS features.
Sorry, meant to say normal SPS options.

I guess most would have some options but not required, like Technology Group ($395), Driver Convenience Group ($1,095), Sound Group II ($895), Sunroof ($1,195) and 8.4AN NAV ($795)

Car optioned like above would be $62,260 MSRP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry, meant to say normal SPS options.

I guess most would have some options but not required, like Technology Group ($395), Driver Convenience Group ($1,095), Sound Group II ($895), Sunroof ($1,195) and 8.4AN NAV ($795)

Car optioned like above would be $62,260 MSRP.

I think it already comes with Tech group, DC group, and definitely already comes with Harmon Kardon sound, all included in the base MSRP.

I'm rather sad I wasn't quite ready to jump on purchasing the one that was going for $48k. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts