Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to drive my Black SRT8 with my parking lights on. I would be in the passing lane following someone doing 70 -75 and they change lanes 9 times out of ten, Courtesy, or Do they think I'm a cop. Has it happened to anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
What are parking lights?

Seriously. Don't know.

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
I like to drive my Black SRT8 with my parking lights on. I would be in the passing lane following someone doing 70 -75 and they change lanes 9 times out of ten, Courtesy, or Do they think I'm a cop. Has it happened to anyone?
Maybe they're just being courteous and getting out of the passing lane like they're supposed to? :D I don't know what kind of cars your highway patrol uses, but mine looks nothing like a cop car. I bet the parking lights just make people more aware that you're behind them.

Seriously. Don't know.
One setting up from off, all lights except for headlights on.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Plus... a black SRT with those amber parking eyes... err I mean lights, makes it rather intimidating looking in the mirror from the average person.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have yet to see one, but someone told me they saw an orange Chally with a thin light bar in the front windsheild. Connecticut uses alot of different unmarked cars.

·
Premium Member
10,673 Posts
The parking lights are large and attention getting. If you're approaching a car going slower than you they saw it in their mirror and just wanted to let you pass.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Black, or often Black and White, Chargers (many unmarked) seem to have become the de facto standard for Police Cars, at least here in SW Michigan, I could easily imagine that people would yield to a Black Charger, or in your case, Challenger, just to "err" on the side of caution and avoid contact with the police !!!!!!!!

Then again........it could just be courtesy, lol !!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I find that this happens to me in the YJ all the time. They don't do it when I'm in the truck. Maybe they just want to look at it as it goes by! lol

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Why not just have your DRL's turned on? I had that done right away at my local dealer , for free, when I was getting an oil change.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. At first I thought I was imagining things but then realized that people just get out of the way when I am behind them...its great! I have the DRL's turned on so they are really orange and brighter than the parking lights so I guess people notice that. I think it just intimidates them into moving. ;)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car

You're fortunate, because in my area, I can be running code 2 (red/blue lights, no siren) to a call, and they stay in the left lane, or freak out and slam on their brakes (worse with siren).
Wish I could drive this instead of the lurching ass Chevy Hoe.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I wish the police like yourself would right these people citations for failure to yield. The motor vehicle rules manual plainly states that when approached from behind by a faster vehicle you yield the left lane to them. It does not say that if you are driving the posted speed limit you can back up traffic for miles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wish the police like yourself would right these people citations for failure to yield. The motor vehicle rules manual plainly states that when approached from behind by a faster vehicle you yield the left lane to them. It does not say that if you are driving the posted speed limit you can back up traffic for miles.
:crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby:
:crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby: :crbaby:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
And what seems to be your problem!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Texas law, I realize you're in Arkansas, says that on a roadway with two or more lanes in one direction, a vehicle shall travel in the lane farthest to the right, unless passing a slower vehicle, using the as lane close to the right as possible. The truth is, the majority of drivers know .001% of traffic laws, ones they SHOULD know, but don't. Example: Open 4 way intersection (no stop/yield signs). They blow through them and wreck, not knowing to yield to the right. Drivers are less educated, under educated, on traffic law today. Under most circumstances, I just try to educate people if I stop them for stuff like this.

And he's not crabby, because that would mean I am, because it irritates the hell out of me too.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
On a different note, sometimes I see, usually a Toyota or Honda, driving on the freeway with the hazards on, like some kind of bright-colored rain forest frog warming predators that they are poisonous if ingested. When I look at the driver, they usually look afraid to be out of bed.

Must be so sad to go through life scared like that.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
On a different note, sometimes I see, usually a Toyota or Honda, driving on the freeway with the hazards on, like some kind of bright-colored rain forest frog warming predators that they are poisonous if ingested. When I look at the driver, they usually look afraid to be out of bed.

Must be so sad to go through life scared like that.
And a large number of cars that don't turn there headlights on when it gets dark! How can you not know that your lights are not on!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
And a large number of cars that don't turn there headlights on when it gets dark! How can you not know that your lights are not on!
True that!

I notice that the iridescent design of the instrument pane in Toyota/Lexus/Honda/Acura vehicles, which lights up the moment you turn on the car, irrespective of outside light conditions, makes it hard to tell from inside the vehicle if the lights are on or not.

Add to that a general disinterest in driving by the majority of these owners, and that's why we tend to see a bunch of Toyotas and Hondas driving around in the dark with no lights on...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts