Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys, threw these on today, im on my 4th beer and still not liking the look. lol ....For some reason on my 17 they looked good, maybe it was the rear stripe, and the car being white.

Thought i would just say hi, and throw it out there............im gonna give it a day or two then make a decision.

Rich

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
I liked the look until I saw the pic with the hood scoop visible in it. Something about that profile that seems off.

It doesn’t look bad, I still like the look of the stripes overall, but I think I understand what you’re talking about when you say they aren’t to your liking.

One other note on the visual that the car presents: the very first thing that drew my eye the instant I loaded the first pic was the ride height. There is a serious gap between the top of the tires and the bottom of the wheel well. Have you considered installing some lowering springs?

Drop that puppy down about an inch or so, and I think it would look mean as hell. 😈

·
Premium Member
9,433 Posts
Yeah, it could be an issue if you ever had to make a warranty claim for something in the suspension. Although if you were to purchase some Mopar Stage 1s and have a dealership service Dept install them, that would keep you out of trouble for any future warranty claims on the suspension I bet

Reactions: collie

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I liked the look until I saw the pic with the hood scoop visible in it. Something about that profile that seems off.

It doesn’t look bad, I still like the look of the stripes overall, but I think I understand what you’re talking about when you say they aren’t to your liking.

One other note on the visual that the car presents: the very first thing that drew my eye the instant I loaded the first pic was the ride height. There is a serious gap between the top of the tires and the bottom of the wheel well. Have you considered installing some lowering springs?

Drop that puppy down about an inch or so, and I think it would look mean as hell. 😈
I hear ya Nuke, was thinking of the same thing about the springs...........still cant get used to the new look look, my wife said , why not have another 5-6 beers im sure it will look good then.............well thats the best advice i heard in a long time.

Forgot who had it, but i can get a vinyl to cover the front nose of the hood.........but of course that would only look cool if i was running you over. lol

Maybe its the color, just not looking like my white one...........well anyways, you guys have a great day.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
my wife said , why not have another 5-6 beers im sure it will look good then

Rich
Oh man, she set you up with that one...the responses you could have made...but then, you likely wanted to remain married ;)

A Guy

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know the more i look at it, im thinking of losing the stripes, even the dogs agree. lol

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle
Canidae Dog Vehicle Car Muscle car

·
Premium Member
9,433 Posts
I hear ya Nuke, was thinking of the same thing about the springs...........still cant get used to the new look look, my wife said , why not have another 5-6 beers im sure it will look good then.............well thats the best advice i heard in a long time.

Forgot who had it, but i can get a vinyl to cover the front nose of the hood.........but of course that would only look cool if i was running you over. lol

Maybe its the color, just not looking like my white one...........well anyways, you guys have a great day.

Rich
Just to be clear, I think it looks good. But having seen so many of the different Challengers and their various appearance packages, I can tell the hood scoop doesn't normally come with the war paint stripes.

But let's be honest, 9 out of 10 people that see the car on the street won't be handicapped like me, so I'm sure they will not think twice about the stripes with that hood. Ultimately though, it's your car, and if you find fault in how the stripes jive with the car's look, you'll probably have to end up removing them since you'd obsess over it otherwise.

The more I look at the side profile with the stripes, I am wondering if a change in wheel color might be the trick that makes it happen. What if the car had the wheels that were on the white Challenger? That color contrast might be just the thing to blend the stripes in seamlessly without drawing the eye needlessly. Although you may not have those wheels anymore, so that's probably a non-starter, so n/m.

And on the subject of lowering springs and how they affect the car's side profile, let me offer up these two pics of my cop Charger. The first one is the Before pic taken right after I got it and shows it at its stock ride height. The second one is the After pic and shows it after I had installed some Mopar Stage 1 lowering springs to drop it about 1.5" all the way around.

Ignoring the paint scheme, I think we can all agree the car's lowered stance makes its side profile much easier on the eyes versus how it looked with the stock ride height :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,433 Posts
You know the more i look at it, im thinking of losing the stripes, even the dogs agree. lol
The car looks great, but that last pic gives me pause...it actually makes me worried when I see what's in the background:

Canidae Vehicle Dog Car Muscle car

Listen, I'm not going to sit here and try to say that every person who has a garage wall that well organized is a serial killer. That's not what I am claiming at all. But what I will say is that every serial killer I have ever known who had a garage wall kept it organized just like that. 😶

You know what though, I'm out of line. What you do in your off-time is your business, so let's drop it altogether...so how about the middle east situation, that's pretty crazy, huh?!? 😬

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nuke, gotta admit, that stance does look great............. i said to my wife, man i hate losing $ 50 on the graphics after only one day.............she said, keep it on for 5 days and its only $10 per day.............now that doesnt sound too bad. lol

Thanks for the help on this, ......not sure what way im gonna go, but im thinking the hash marks are gonna have a short life. lol

Rich

·
Premium Member
9,433 Posts
Nuke, gotta admit, that stance does look great............. i said to my wife, man i hate losing $ 50 on the graphics after only one day.............she said, keep it on for 5 days and its only $10 per day.............now that doesnt sound too bad. lol

Thanks for the help on this, ......not sure what way im gonna go, but im thinking the hash marks are gonna have a short life. lol

Rich
Yeah, keep them on for a few days. Who knows, you might get so many compliments from strangers that you'll change your mind and want to keep them.

It's a little too late now, but if you're considering adding some sort of stripe package like this in the future, try making them out of plasti-dip first so you can try it out without having to buy the actual stripes and put them on the car just to see what they'll look like.

A few cans of black plasti-dip, some masking tape, and an afternoon spent spraying can yield a surprisingly good result when it comes to imitating the vinyl stripes available out there. If you like the way they look, you can remove the plasti-dipped version and apply the the real deal the same day.

If you don't like the look of the new stripes, you can remove the plasti-dipped versions and be back to how it was before in no time. No harm, no foul!

·
Premium Member
9,433 Posts
As an example of what I was talking about with the plasti-dip stripes, here's a pic of my 2011 Challenger back when I got it in my head that a pair of the hood spear stripes would look good on my car. I plasti-dipped me a set first and decided I didn't like the look, so I peeled them off and was back to original in less than 30 minutes.

Reactions: Ashoka

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The car looks great, but that last pic gives me pause...it actually makes me worried when I see what's in the background:

View attachment 1003313

Listen, I'm not going to sit here and try to say that every person who has a garage wall that well organized is a serial killer. That's not what I am claiming at all. But what I will say is that every serial killer I have ever known who had a garage wall kept it organized just like that. 😶

You know what though, I'm out of line. What you do in your off-time is your business, so let's drop it altogether...so how about the middle east situation, that's pretty crazy, huh?!? 😬
LOL, Hey Nuke, thats not even my garage, its the neighbor ladies garage, she lets me do work on the car there.............not like my massive 22X22 pit............she keeps it clean, and i mean clean. lol............im not even sure i have a pic of my pig pen garage.

Ok, here"s a pic of mine..with the 2010

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Premium Member
9,433 Posts
LOL, Hey Nuke, thats not even my garage, its the neighbor ladies garage, she lets me do work on the car there.............not like my massive 22X22 pit............she keeps it clean, and i mean clean. lol............im not even sure i have a pic of my pig pen garage.

Ok, here"s a pic of mine..with the 2010
Okay, good...now that I know its not yours, I will go on record as saying: Your neighbor is totally a serial killer!!

Check for local unsolved missing persons. Dollars'll getcha donuts the missing people can be found in the neighbor's crawl space...pieces of them anyway 😦

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
970 Posts
Drank a six pack of one of those fruity west coast IPA's, the hash marks look great. If it takes 17 maybe you should switch to a high gravity IPA. After 10 probably won't need lowering springs.

2020 Challenger GT - Pitch Black w/Blacktop package
105 Posts
This thread got wild real fast. I normally like the hash stripes like you have, but I think with that paint color less is more.

Also the wheels look awesome with the black/orange scheme. Blackout the windows and you have enough contrast in my opinion. That car pops enough on it's own.

Also FWIW I think the tires on the white car fit beautifully for that vehicle, I think they would look a little weird on the orange, just my two cents.

My girlfriend loves that ride though, she wants one in that color big time. Great car man!

·
Registered
873 Posts
These threads are my favorite lol

The hash marks definitely throw the look of the car off when there isn’t enough black on it. Generally never been a fan of them anyway.

Now the white car they look decent because you have that rear stripe that blends the hashes in.

Now a blacked out hood...that’d be mean...

But everything starts to look good when you get open up a case of your favorite brew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This thread got wild real fast. I normally like the hash stripes like you have, but I think with that paint color less is more.

LOL, yeah, in post # 9...Nuke called me a serial killer....then in post 14, he called my 90 yr old neighbor a serial killer.......im gonna watch my back with her.

Ok, today is day 2...........and im not feeling the love for the hash marks..........gonna wait a few more days and see what happens.

Hey Nuke, a better pic of my garage............normal as the day is long.

Thanks guys, had a couple laughs on this thread.

Rich

Metalworking hand tool Tile Antique tool Floor Flooring

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
The neighbors, "she seemed so nice, quiet, never a bad word against anyone...I can't believe it..."

A Guy

·
Premium Member
9,433 Posts
Its common knowledge that a serial killer resides in every neighborhood. In fact, it’s a state law in Florida IIRC. Nevertheless, I am aware of the fact that knowing one lives on the block and knowing who it is are two very different things. So I was merely trying to point out the most likely candidate on that block, just in case the resident serial killer‘s identity was not already known.

Im all about benefitting humanity, this was simply my latest attempt at accomplishing that goal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts