Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey man, it's your ride. I love seeing all the different takes on our Challengers. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I never knew Go Mango was my calling until I saw it.

·
Registered
2010 challenger r/t
40 Posts
I like that look but how do you keep the vinyl wraps clean and looking fresh over time--does carwash alone do it?. I have the hash fender stripes and I am careful not to get anything other than carwash on it (detailer, wax). How does it stand up to wet weather (rain/snow/icing) and how long before it needs to be re-wrapped?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
258 Posts
The only thing your missing is that KENWOOD sign across the windshield. LOL..........im liking that mopar sign the more I look at it.

How did you manage not to cover the little shark fin with some black.

Just messing with ya, nice looking car, mine is also white.

Rich

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that look but how do you keep the vinyl wraps clean and looking fresh over time--does carwash alone do it?. I have the hash fender stripes and I am careful not to get anything other than carwash on it (detailer, wax). How does it stand up to wet weather (rain/snow/icing) and how long before it needs to be re-wrapped?:thumbsup:
For my situation it is only a weekend car so it is out of the weather most of the time. I run it thru the touchless wash no wax when I am done driving, so far so good.

The only thing your missing is that KENWOOD sign across the windshield. LOL..........im liking that mopar sign the more I look at it.

How did you manage not to cover the little shark fin with some black.

Just messing with ya, nice looking car, mine is also white.

Rich
Removed the fin before having vinyl put on, was a little bit of a hassle. I have alpine speakers....don't give me any ideas.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Does the vinyl go down the rear window too? Or is that a trick of the light somehow?

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Could be :)

A Guy

·
Registered
45 Posts
In my opinion- Yes you have, the car looks really busy with all that vinyl. Honestly I would at the very least remove the hood and trunk vinyl lettering, but the Mopar lettering on the doors looks pretty good (it's just not my cup of tea). The BEST look though would be letting that awesome matte black hood, roof, and trunk speak for itself with no lettering at all.

At the end of the day though, it's your ride and if you are satisfied with it leave it as is

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In my opinion- Yes you have, the car looks really busy with all that vinyl. Honestly I would at the very least remove the hood and trunk vinyl lettering, but the Mopar lettering on the doors looks pretty good (it's just not my cup of tea). The BEST look though would be letting that awesome matte black hood, roof, and trunk speak for itself with no lettering at all. At the end of the day though, it's your ride and if you are satisfied with it leave it as is
I think you want over the top a little bit But that what makes life enter resting everybody different ,
You asked.You HAVE gone too far!It is your car and if YOU like it that is all that matters.
Thanks for the honest opinions, I do not get to drive this car as often as I would like to it is my 6th challenger since 2012 do the math(yes I am a challenger addict). So I wanted to go over the top like the late 60's early 70's trans-am racing series cars. Still a work in progress need to add the number 6 to doors hood trunk then the wicker bill and of course from Steve White motors the 392 front lip spoiler.

:surprise::frown:

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I honestly like the vinyl on the sides. It just stinks that the opening for the door is in the middle of them. Could you maybe climb through the windows like the Duke boys so the vinyl isn't broken up? :grin2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I honestly like the vinyl on the sides. It just stinks that the opening for the door is in the middle of them. Could you maybe climb through the windows like the Duke boys so the vinyl isn't broken up? :grin2:
I made an executive decision on that, I could have applied the vinyl closer but I was concerned about it so near the edges when getting in and out that it might get messed up over time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
OP vehicle looks great... as a new owner of a black 2016 I'm starting to explore the best possible ideas to personalize the exterior of the vehicle...

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
I personally love the Mopar vinyl on the sides! It looks good! I'm not a fan of the Challenger and the Shaker vinyl on the hood. that's not needed. I don't mind the Mopar vinyl on the trunk but I think the side ones are good enough to represent Mopar, IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
OP vehicle looks great... as a new owner of a black 2016 I'm starting to explore the best possible ideas to personalize the exterior of the vehicle...
Black wears vinyl in an oh so special way. When you notice it, it gets SOOO cool. Not an in your face like white.

I LOVE the white car with the vinyl. That is what I mean about white being such a blank canvas. AND you can rip it all off in an hour or so and do it again. Rock on!!!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I personally love the Mopar vinyl on the sides! It looks good! I'm not a fan of the Challenger and the Shaker vinyl on the hood. that's not needed. I don't mind the Mopar vinyl on the trunk but I think the side ones are good enough to represent Mopar, IMO.
That would look good too. I would hate to hide the shaker. Best part of the car!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts